i30 Owners Club

Paint Problem

i30mania · 34 · 16068

Offline QSR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Australia - Stone Black i30 SX CRDI Auto
Not to many red ones around in Newcastle but when I saw this went and had a look at mine and it is exactly the same on rear right door looks like your skin peeling after you get sunburnt but mine is 2 years old dont know what warranty is on paint is only 12 months on trim

Take it to your dealer........you know ( by this thread ) it is a known and recognised problem by Hyundai.......even if it was out of warranty I would take it to them and request they fix it under Hyundai "goodwill"

Let us know how you go !

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Paint warranty should be 10 years (can't remember if the i30 is actually 15 years!), (it is part of the anti-corrosion) but you must get the paintwork inspected and any corrective maintenance performed annually or else the warrranty is bust, at least that is the UK rules.  Most folk don't bother as they want to repair every swirl, chip and scratch at a premium price :rolleyes:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Merlot

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hunter Valley
Hi all I checked the owners manual [seemed like a smart thing to do paint is 3 years] mine is 2 years old dont think they will give me a new one

Offline vodnokoki

• 2nd Gear
I wrote about paint problem on this link

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=6630.0

I30 mania can you give me some contact from your friend that get a new i30 (some email) or some contact from Hyundai motor factory.
Here in Macedonia they want to paint my car just 1 year and 8.700km :-((( Very sad. If I want paint car i will buy old car not new :))

Please help somebody with some kind of information.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal