i30 Owners Club

central lock with remote key (pilot)

Adi · 10 · 2168

Offline Adi

• 2nd Gear
Hi, In my hyundai i30 i have centrall lock but need to put key inside the door, what I am looking is a device with remote key to open close all doors, I was looking on ebay and AliExpress but no results, can anyone help me ?
  • hyundai i30 2010 1.4 petrol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We just had a thread about this...

:link: Adding remote unlock on 2008 (Poland)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Adi

• 2nd Gear
Hi, when I bought my hyundai it didn't have remote control only just normal two regular keys, there is centrall lock but no remote. I need to know if it is possible to add remote control key to open dor and use to start the enginge ? My main question is if someone knows if electronic in my hyundai (i30 from 2010, 1.4 petrol) is adjusted to just add remote controll with immobiliser and programm it or it is immposible ?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Adi

• 2nd Gear
Truly sorry, but this is kind of differnt, I don't wanna install electronic device with antena inside my car, i just need to know somehow if my car is adjusted to add remote controll (only the controler), this information is really value for me. I mean how can I check if electronic in my car allows allready to add remote controller ?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: CraigB
You have already opened a topic about this previously ...

Yep. You're effectively asking for the same thing, so I'll merge your posts.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Adi

• 2nd Gear
other words, where can I find this:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
All I can think of is calling a Hyundai centre and get them to check your VIN and see if your vehicle had that option and what would be required to have that feature work.

Offline Adi

• 2nd Gear
I did that and they told me that they have no idea and this information is not possible to check based on vin.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's disappointing, I was sure that with the VIN they should have been able to tell you how the vehicle was optioned.

Speak to an auto electrician, they should be able to sort something out for you.

I was helping a friend build a VS Holden ute a few years ago and the auto electrician was able to match in all the controls with a new after market transceiver and modules, plus he installed automatic door poppers because the door handles were removed :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal