i30 Owners Club

i30 vs a chicken.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi guys, just thought i would share this true storey with you.

I had only had my new Steel grey deisel i30 a few days and decided one sunday afternoon to take it for a drive in the country to blow out a few cob webs.
I picked out a nice quite country road that doesnt see much traffic so I could see what my new car could do. Pulling off the highway, I turned a left on to the country road, nothing coming so I planted my foot hard and selected second gear and watched as the needlle raced to 50kph. I can tell you, I had a grin from ear to ear. The tacho was nearing red line, oh if the wife could see me now driving her car like this, I would be sleeping on the couch for months.
So I select 3rd gear and am thrilled by the purr of the little deisel as it propels me past 80kph.
Just than I catch a blur out my drivers side window, what the hell is that I thinks. Turning my head to the right, I am horrified to see a chicken keeping pace with me. Thats right, you read right, just your common garden variety chicken matching speed with me as, my foot still flat on the floor the needle edges up to 90 clicks. Now I think I am going nuts right, but it gets worse right because as I watch, the chicken pulls away from me, passes me like I am not even moving. Now I didnt spend 30k buying this terrific new car of mine to be blown off by any chiken so I put the car into 4th gear and plant the foot and gradually steal back some ground from that chook. I am doing 120kph now as I engage top gear and continue to pursue the chicken. Finally, as the needle nudges 170 I pass the chook and I smile as I let it eat my dust. That will be the last I see of that chook I thinks to myself, but just than I catch a glimpse of it in my rear view mirror coming up from behind at speed. It shot past me as if I was standing still and 400 yards down the track, made a hard left into a unsealed private drive way. Well being of curious nature, I followed the chicken a little while before it disapeared into a country barn yard at the rear of a small farm. I got out of the car and approached the barn and was rewarded with a wonderful sight. There in the barn were dozens of the same chickens, darting around, dust and feathers afloat. I tried to count them but they moved to quick. Just then the farmer approached me and intoduced himself as Fred. He seemed a freindly sort and as we got chatting I asked him about these amazing agile chickens of his. Whats makes them so god-damn quick I says. Fred goes on to tell me has genetically bred the to have 3 legs!
This is why they move so quick he says, even the foxs have no hope of a feed.
Why bother breding them with 3 legs I ask ignorantly.
Easy he says, with a exta leg comes an exta drumstick. I figure the good people at KFC will pay top dollar he says with a wink.
Makes sense I reason, how do they taste I says?
No idea he answers, I have never been able to catch one.  :lol:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That joke was so bad I'm not even going to post a reply  :roll:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hey Shambles...

I was going to delete it ...but it makes mine look good... :oops:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Thats harsh Dazz,

Some of yours are pretty bad.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I must admit "the nun in the airport" was a bit eymaish... :roll:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal