i30 Owners Club

Change gearbox oil pre-delivery?

Raid · 8 · 2706

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hi guys I'm planning of buying i30 1.4 active and its done 20,000 miles should I ask them to check the gearbox fluid and shall I get them to change it before I take it plz and would they normally change that fluid when they do servicing plz?. Where
Thanks
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Is it from hy dealer?

Previous owner?
As lot have been hire cars and they seem to get rid circa 15/20k

How old is it?

Has it been serviced per service/ warranty requirements as my service is 20k or 2years but they are due interim if less than 10k in 12 months?

Has service book been stamped?

Usually dealers will do a service as part of the sale deal.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
If it's a manual gearbox then there's no oil change scheduled, unless used for towing caravans and/or lots of mountain driving. Recomended in these circumstances are oilchange at 60.000 miles/100.000 km.

With only 20000 miles on the odo I wouldn't care about the gear oil at all...  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 17:47:22 by Asterix »
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
It's from hy  dealer and I will get all the info about the service tomorrow I haven't seen the service book but been told the service its done and maybe they will do the service before they give it to me. So is there anything that I would have to check plz.

One more thing there is a couple of scratchs on the car and they told me that everything will be sorted and painted off so I'm hoping they won't do touch up and will actually paint it properly

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's from hy  dealer and I will get all the info about the service tomorrow I haven't seen the service book but been told the service its done and maybe they will do the service before they give it to me. So is there anything that I would have to check plz.

One more thing there is a couple of scratchs on the car and they told me that everything will be sorted and painted off so I'm hoping they won't do touch up and will actually paint it properly

Hopefully it will be dry when you do your delivery inspection. Try and do it in good light as well (not too late in the day)

It will be easier to get cosmetic things fixed before you take ownership. If it has full service history anything mechanical should be fixed under warranty going forward.  :Knock:

If you establish it is an ex hire car or other commercial use vehicle get clarification in writing that the full factory warranty still stands (not sure if it is 5 years, unlimited mileage in your country or not)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Hopefully it will be dry when you do your delivery inspection. Try and do it in good light as well (not too late in the day)

It will be easier to get cosmetic things fixed before you take ownership. If it has full service history anything mechanical should be fixed under warranty going forward.  :Knock:

If you establish it is an ex hire car or other commercial use vehicle get clarification in writing that the full factory warranty still stands (not sure if it is 5 years, unlimited mileage in your country or not)
Thanks for your help and it might be a silly question but if there is scratches on the car would it cover under the warranty to get it sorted plz and they told me the warranty runs out on the 10 of sept 2018 and shall I check the servicing book for any stamp for servicing as its done 20,000 miles and if in case there is no stamped for the first 10,000 millage should I insist of a servicing for the car and the stamp plz?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Scratches are not covered under the warranty. If no service stamp I would at least ask for a please explain and see how dark the oil is.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Thanks dazz will have a look

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal