i30 Owners Club

What *don't* you like about your i30?

Nev75 · 731 · 183630

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
The dash is well lit UNTIL I turn on the parkers at dusk and then it's too dim for my liking until the day gets much darker. :head_butt:

On mine there is a wheel to turn to brighten or darked the instrument cluster which is just above the right knee.

Do you have this one?

Only if the lights have been switched on, and that is not legal in Oz, during daylight, I believe.

Phil you can legally drive during the day with either headlights on or parklights,but is totally illegal to drive with your fog lamps on Go Figger,lot of lodgic there

Fog lamps are for fog and inclement weather.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Phil you can legally drive during the day with either on or parklights,but is totally illegal to drive with your fog lamps on Go Figger,lot of lodgic there

Not even if it is foggy!
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
But I don't want any other lights on, just the instruments. I have the schematic, just have to get the time and weather to do the job.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
No cup holder for rear seat passengers. (2011 I30 Trophy 2 litre)  No rear seat centre arm rest either, but then what do you want for $19990 on the road?  :whistler: :Shocked:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline WayneD

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
No cup holder for rear seat passengers. (2011 I30 Trophy 2 litre)  No rear seat centre arm rest either, but then what do you want for $19990 on the road?  :whistler: :Shocked:

These don't bother me, I don't sit in the back   :snigger: Although I am glad my kids car seats have built in cup holders.
  • 2012 i30 CRDi The Yakster Mobile

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Good idea not having cup holders in the back, you don't wanna encourage the little buggers to eat and drink in your nice clean car.  :snigger:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The dash is well lit UNTIL I turn on the parkers at dusk and then it's too dim for my liking until the day gets much darker. :head_butt:

On mine there is a wheel to turn to brighten or darked the instrument cluster which is just above the right knee.

Do you have this one?

Only if the lights have been switched on, and that is not legal in Oz, during daylight, I believe.

Phil you can legally drive during the day with either headlights on or parklights,but is totally illegal to drive with your fog lamps on Go Figger,lot of lodgic there

Fog lamps are for fog and inclement weather.

Be it day or night..... :)

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
My old FD has a centre arm rest with cup holders!  :goodjob:
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW

Whaaaat? I have been dudded, you must have the Elite model, you rich bugger. :Shocked: :winker:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England

Whaaaat? I have been dudded, you must have the Elite model, you rich bugger. :Shocked: :winker:

Loaded Lester! That is my old FD is... Loaded with full leather and all the toys, one of the last of the Premium models with loads of creature comforts and driver aids from 2008 and they all still work too (except my air-con  :disapp:) but I'm in England and I can live without that.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Spring loaded too, they're  missing in the GD, all variants.  :disapp:

Offline arx7

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Holy Cow 8.8/100 km, thats terrible.even my old commodore only uses 11/100,mind U had  nissan petrol navara,that was a nightmare,used to just tow a fuel trailer around with me,it was a shocker

Well I hope it's because it hasn't break in.
I've only done 1000ish km so far. I reckon everyone is getting a better mileage for a new GD auto petrol?
  • i30 GD

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW

Loaded Lester! That is my old FD is... Loaded with full leather and all the toys, one of the last of the Premium models with loads of creature comforts and driver aids from 2008 and they all still work too (except my air-con  :disapp:) but I'm in England and I can live without that.

Crikey..I am up  near Shropshire next April, want to visit Ironbridge.  I will have to keep a lookout for your i30, a Roller in disguise by the sounds of it. :happydance:  Re your A/C not working, can't you get it fixed under ye olde 5 year warranty? :(
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England

I put some dye in there Lester and its stone damage. I live very close to Ironbridge so pop in for a cuppa and a handshake :0)

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton
I wish the auto stop /start could be switched off permanently, I keep thinking ive stalled it, before I "TURN IT OFF"

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
The Australian i30 doesn't have the "Start/stop" feature but I would imagine Hyundai would allow the user to turn it off if they wanted to, have you looked in the trip computer settings? My list of gripes include:

- Missing light in glove box
- Lack of play pause button
- No album art on top trim level

That's about it, loving the car so far!

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I wish the auto stop /start could be switched off permanently, I keep thinking ive stalled it, before I "TURN IT OFF"

The "Blue Drive" auto stop/start feature was introduced to squeeze the car below the CO2 emissions limit to qualify for zero road tax.

My guess is that if a manufacturer provided the means to permanently switch it off - the DVLA would then impose annual road tax because emissions would then be above the limit.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria
Lack of a 'mute' button on the steering wheel.
Headlights stay on too long. Should go off as you remotely lock the doors.
Lack of a driver's door-only unlock.
  • 2014 Hyndai ix35 Highlander TD/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I never even noticed! If that's the case, I may just have to make that a quick and painless project for January. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I never even noticed! If that's the case, I may just have to make that a quick and painless project for January. :D
Glovebox light in mine ONLY works when the lights are on,not sure if this helps
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Thanks, Rick. Once I get a bit closer than 6000+ km to Firty, I'll check as well. :victory:
Are you happy with it as it is or would you prefer light always when open?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Thanks, Rick. Once I get a bit closer than 6000+ km to Firty, I'll check as well. :victory:
I only found out by mistake,I rarely use the glove box.so doesn't really worry me
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I don't think I need a glovebox light when it's daylight, so I'm happy with mine only working when the lights are on. Others might feel differently though.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Not used the glovebox in 'cool mode' yet, or as our Kiwi friends would call it 'A chully bun,' :lol:

Not saying I don't like the glovebox with such a facility, but do we really need it?
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton
Lack of a 'mute' button on the steering wheel.
Headlights stay on too long. Should go off as you remotely lock the doors.
Lack of a driver's door-only unlock.

Mine has all these lol  :happydance:

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
:whsaid:

That's exactly what I'm thinking about it too! In addition to road noise and not so excellent steering feel, ISG is THE thing what I really hate in my car. I have tried to learn pressing that button routinely, but with little success. Sometimes I remember it just in time when approaching traffic lights, and other times I forget it until it strikes again! I almost wish I had those problems about ISG not working, but no... few weeks ago the temperature dip down to -27, and just two days later the ISG got me again when it was +1 outside.  :mad:

I have built some electronics as a hobby, so I'm thinking if I could make some sort of hack which would deactivate ISG after starting the engine. For that I would need a microcontroller which gives a signal to the wire of ISG OFF button when it notices the voltage rising over ~13.5 V (=engine started). However, I would need additional wires and connectors there because I don't want to cut any original wires (and I should also find out what is the right wire). Furthermore, if the button module is connected to the ECU via CAN bus instead of simple wires, then it will not be that easy.

If that gets too difficult, I could at least build a simple warning beeper which is connected to the cigarette lighter socket, beeping when the voltage rises after starting the engine. Then I should remember to deactivate ISG before pressing the beeper's button to stop it.  :wink: I have already tested this with an adjustable power supply, so the next step is to test it in my car...
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Not used the glovebox in 'cool mode' yet, or as our Kiwi friends would call it 'A chully bun,' :lol:

Not saying I don't like the glovebox with such a facility, but do we really need it?
Pretty handy if you buy a chocolate bar and want to get it home without melting.. and apparently also good for ladies make up on a hot day (as these can melt too, I'm told)  :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Er, does the ISG function have a fuse  :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Good thinking 99 (but probably a shared one...)  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi

Good thinking 99 (but probably a shared one...)  :undecided:

According the user manual, there's no separate fuse for the ISG. I guess its software may be in the main ECU instead of a separate box. Even if there were a fuse for it, I'd bet pulling it off would lit a Christmas tree into the dashboard.
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal