i30 Owners Club

Rear speakers

Craig · 5 · 2057

Offline Craig

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
I stuck some tunes on via the AUX port today and it sounded terrible. Eventually figured out that the rear speakers did not seem to be functioning  :'(  Tried the radio and it seems to have the same problem.

Anybody else had this problem?
  • 2010 i30 1.6 CRDi comfort auto (pre facelift) & 2017 Hyundai Ioniq hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Not a common problem Craig. If it is both the rears it could very well be the fader front to back has accidentally been set to full front. Worth checking anyway! Unlikely wires to both rears disturbed at the same time. :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Craig

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
Faders were fine. I tried putting it to full rear as a test and it seemed to still come out the front, if a bit quieter.

I'll mess about with it a bit at the weekend.  Battery got disconnected recently.  Maybe that needs to happen again.
  • 2010 i30 1.6 CRDi comfort auto (pre facelift) & 2017 Hyundai Ioniq hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Faders were fine. I tried putting it to full rear as a test and it seemed to still come out the front, if a bit quieter.

I'll mess about with it a bit at the weekend.  Battery got disconnected recently.  Maybe that needs to happen again.

That's odd! Set to full rear should have had no sound if rears were dead! Yeah maybe try disconnecting negative terminal for at least half an hour, but very surprised if that makes a difference. Maybe the internals of the radio amp have got fried!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

That's odd! Set to full rear should have had no sound if rears were dead! Yeah maybe try disconnecting negative terminal for at least half an hour, but very surprised if that makes a difference. Maybe the internals of the radio amp have got fried!

:whsaid:

Though I have come across devices with faders where full front/rear doesn't result in the other set being totally mute - but they are severely attenuated (not just a bit quieter).   Other than that - what he said!   Esp. if nothing else has been done that could possibly effect it.

Of course you could check the wiring and because both rears are affected at once I would be inclined to do so at the head-unit end - could measure speaker impedance, speaker/cable to GND faults, etc..   Might be a connection issue (sought of doubt it though), and (of course) you might want to check the 'grounding' (improper ground has seemingly caused some weird issues before).

I hope it isn't as Dazzler bought up... the internals of the amp being fried... of course that could be an excuse to fit a nice aftermarket unit if budget allows.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal