i30 Owners Club

Dealer says the diagnostic computer won't link to the car's computer.

Offline i30trev

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      perth
I want to disable the HALO auto locking function on my 2010 i30 and I found a friendly dealer (Giant Hyundai in Perth) who offered to do it for free. They found that they could not get the workshop computer to connect to the car's computer and thus could not do what I asked. They have now tried twice but no luck. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?  Trev
  • 2010 diesel wagon.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: i30trev
...They found that they could not get the workshop computer to connect to the car's computer ...

To do that I believe they need to firstly use Hyundai's vin-to-pin software, which reveals a code (pin) that allows the link to be made. Do they know this?

My original (FD) dealership had to go through this sequence when they were adding a second keyfob to my setup and changing the HALO locking activation speed.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
If the scantool is not talking there is possibly a power supply or CANBUS communication breakdown.

I imagine its a concern with your vehicle not the scantool or else they would have said something.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline i30trev

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      perth
The thing is, when they replaced the valve body of the Auto trans about 6 months ago (was still under warranty NOT ANY MORE) they would have had to use the "scantool" but nothing was said to suggest there was a problem.  :(
  • 2010 diesel wagon.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Yes thats right tge scantool would be required to reset the auto trans ECU.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal