i30 Owners Club

Replacement Flat RH Heated Mirror Glass

Offline AEdwards59

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Mont Albert, Vic
After a number of close calls due to the distorted image in the RH Driver side mirror I ordered a flat heated replacement mirror on ebay. :link: Right Driver Side Flat Wing Mirror Glass FOR Hyundai I30 2012 15 Heated Plate | eBay I can report that the item did not come with the backing plate and the heating element was poorly positioned. I used a hair drier to soften the original mounting plate which enabled me to remove it from the original mirror glass. I then used the hair drier to soften the adhesive on the heating pad so I could re position it to suit the wire terminal cut out on the mounting plate. Mirror is now installed and heating element works a treat and all for only $28!. How ADRs allow imported cars to have convex driver side mirrors is beyond me. Any wander there is an increased incidence of drivers cutting in when changing lanes.
  • I30 GD Elite Automatic 5 dr Hatch 2014

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :wttc:
There has been discussion on the forum about the mirrors before.
Personally, I very soon got used to it and have no problem with the wider field of vision and distorted distances.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon: I am of the same mind as Dave (Doggie) but thanks for the helpful post all the same (you are not alone)  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
 :welcum:

Sounds like a job well done - a pity it doesn't come with a mounting plate when it says it does, however if it had one might wonder how well it will have preformed in any case (being the heating element needed re-positioning).
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline shawt

• 1st Gear

• cz Czechia
      Prague
Hello, I have i30 - 2016. How do I remove the glass from side mirror? I could find the guide for the first i30 generation, but I cannot see any guide for my car. Do I need to pull the glass from the bottom or from the top and do I need to use some special tool?
  • Hyundai i30 SW 1,6GDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal