i30 Owners Club

Multiple problems i30 CRD 2011 only 25,000 miles

Offline Barry1946

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Ipswich
Purchased the vehicle December 2011, Reg March. 2011 ex dealer vehicle.in warranty 2 replacement dash info modules so that's 3 including the original,replacement radio/CD player.All wheels exchanged due to lacquer failure.
Now out of warranty the drivers door actuator does not allow me to open the door from inside the vehicle dealer quoted £340 + £89 labour .Awaiting delivery of a unit from an Internet breaker £40+vat +£10 delivery. Thinking of dumping it for another manufacturer what which I haven't a clue.
  • I30 1-6 CRD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Re door.

Do you mean the button you press to release all doors or when you use the drivers door handle?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Barry1946

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Ipswich
Not
the button, the interior door handle when you pull the handle you can feel it's not making a connection. The central locking works ok so to get out of the car one has to power down the window open it from out side
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 21:14:29 by Barry1946 »
  • I30 1-6 CRD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Barry. You have been unlucky with the module and Wheels. Neither is what I would call a common fault. Actuator failure is a  bit more common than it should be, but sourcing one as you have done and either fitting it yourself or getting it fitted by other than the dealer you can save quite a bit.

If you think Hyundai is bad, try a Ford or holden or VW.. Some of their models will make your problems seem fairly insignificant.... :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
You might want to get the door rechecked.
A doorlock actuator rarely fails causing what you have described. Sounds more like a broken inner door handle or cable.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Not
the button, the interior door handle when you pull the handle you can feel it's not making a connection. The central locking works ok so to get out of the car one has to power down the window open it from out side
Sure  not the door cable seeing the other doors work
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Interior door handle breaking free of the cable, just replaced my third inside door handle. Chromed version, with heat and age the chrome peels and the plastic is brittle. There's a thread i replied in about handles and you can get them from Koraps in korea cheap . $8 USD which for me is $20 delivered. Local Dealers charge $75 each!

If doing yourself, there's a screw that holds the door handle cover, a screw inside the door grip, the tweeter assembly pops out, then it's all clips for the front trim. If you don't have a trim clip tool good chance you'll break a clip.

I did on both the front and rear, the blue clip.

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal