i30 Owners Club

GD-03 - Android Auto?

korbot · 19 · 6779

Offline korbot

• 2nd Gear
Sorry if this is a double up, I did some searching but couldn't find a definitive answer as to whether or not the 2016 Hyundai i30's with the GD-03 unit would definitely get an android auto update or whether they would not.
Does anyone know if this has an official Australian plan, one way or the other?

Thanks, also - Hi :)
  • i30 Active

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
There has been word going around about it but as yet there is nothing available.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline korbot

• 2nd Gear
Thanks, it's the No. 1 Thing I'm looking out for so if I see anything I'll be sure to post about it.
Cheers.
  • i30 Active

Offline kts350

• 1st Gear
G'day Mate,
My first post on here, I'm reviewing an i30 SR this week and found this forum looking for info on the i30.
I saw your question about Android Auto so I've asked Hyundai for you hopefully will get an answer today sometime.

cheers,

Wayno
  • Captiva

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Cartronics in Knoxfield VIC import the car play head units. They would have more idea than Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline korbot

• 2nd Gear
Let us know what you find kts350.

and yeah, I thought about going straight to cartronix but at the end of the day, the update has to come from Hyundai, so I figure I'd still like to get an official statement from them first so I can at least know where I stand with Hyundai.

I'm also waiting on a response from them, They said they would respond though. so fingers crossed.
  • i30 Active

Offline kts350

• 1st Gear
Got reply from Hyundai they said there is an announcement about Android Auto coming shortly and it should only be something like a software upgrade if you have a compatible head unit which I assume is the head unit that already has apple play..
Mind you they just announced a few upgrades to the SR last night, so hopefully Android won't be too far behind.
I'm grilling them more then I do most other companies I review as the i30 is on the list of cars I'm looking at to buy.
  • Captiva

Offline korbot

• 2nd Gear
Nice work, Hopefully you're right. I'll let you know if I hear back myself. Cheers.
  • i30 Active

Offline korbot

• 2nd Gear
So got an official response from Hyundai
Yes your vehicle is compatible with the Android Auto.

However Android Auto is expected to be released towards the end of 2016 at this stage for all vehicles which are currently compatible with Apple CarPlay. The audio unit will need a software upgrade which can be completed at any Hyundai Dealership.

The release of the Android Audio will also be posted on Facebook, and the Hyundai website.

Customer Care and the dealership network will have information once the update is available.

I guess it's what was expected but nice to have it in writing as the official plan. Now just have to hope it succeeds.
  • i30 Active

Offline Malcolm Walker

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Hi, have just sent following message to my dealer DVG Hyundai Maddington WA so will advise outcome here:Record of chat with DVG Drive on 14/9/2016 at 5.35 approx
Stephanie:
Hello! Welcome to Maddington Hyundai! Are you looking for a new or used car today?
Me: No Stephanie, I recently (18/3/2016) bought an I30 and am wondering when the Android Auto Vehicle software will be installed in my vehicle as I hear they are now available. DVG can also contact me on my email  or mob xxxxxxxxx5 to advise unless of course you can help. Thanks Malcolm
Stephanie:
Hi!
Let me read you message first. One moment please, thank you.
Thank you so much for patiently waiting.
Good evening Malcolm!
I will forward this to our service team and they will get in touch with you to provide the correct information in regards to the Android Auto Vehicle software installation to your vehicle.
Thank you for providing your contact details. May I have your car's Rego as well?
Me: ok, Thanks. MY rego is xxxxxx the deal no was xxxx and the sales rep's name was xxxxxxx. Cheers
Stephanie: Got it! Thank you for chatting with us Malcolm! Would there be anything else you'd like me to pass on to our consultants on your behalf?
Me: No thanks, just the date for the upgrade, though I have done over 11,000 kms so will be also checking in on a later date for the 15,000 service, probably in a month or two so it may be possible to do the two things at the same time? Thanks
Stephanie: I'll take note of that as well. Rest assured that someone will be in touch with you within 24hours or on the next business day for further assistance. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please let me know. We are online 24/7! Have a good night!
Thank you for contacting us.
Chat session disconnected.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 15:53:21 by Malcolm Walker »
  • I30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Malcolm and welcome!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@Malcolm Walker I'd recommend you remove your email from your post, unless you'd like spammers to harvest it :eek:

Offline Malcolm Walker

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Thanks for the advice CraigB. have done as suggested. Cheers!
  • I30 Active

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Thunderbird

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
I had my i30 booked for its complimentary service on the 22nd of September, so I rang the service centre and asked about Android, Steve at the Hyundai service centre left a message saying that they will install it then, no problem.  :)
  • 2016 SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0lt, Auto, Sparkling Metal

Offline Malcolm Walker

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Hi All
Re my request to my dealers about releasing the Amdroid Auto, here is my reply received last Friday

Good Morning Mal,

Thanks for your online enqury,

Yes the android update has been released, However we are still in the testing Phase here at the dealership,

We should be up and running with it, in the next few weeks.

Thanks

Regards,
 Service Advisor
DVG Automotive Group
  • I30 Active

Offline korbot

• 2nd Gear
So just an update. After a ton of searching I was confident that my "micom" version wasn't the latest, and the update seemed to specifically address bluetooth bugfixes.
So after considering installing myself with the methods listed on this forum, I decided to instead get the dealer to install it. They did and now I get sound and everything in AAuto seems to work (will observe over time and report anything weird).

Just one thing I might note for other people who may want to know. When I called the service centre and they looked at my upgrade, they thought my update was the most recent. It was only when I got them to specifically look at the micom number that they realised it was old, so just a heads up in case you're told you have latest, double check yourself as it may not be obvious in their system that they have a more recent update available.

Happy now though, and just in time for the "ok google" update.
  • i30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks very much for that update.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal