i30 Owners Club

2009 plated car or 2010 plated car that is the quandary!

Offline Twodogs

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Given that it is now mid October I am wondering whether to hold off and get a 2010 plated car or just go ahead and order shortly and possibly end up with a 2009 plated car. I did hear around the traps there is a shipment due late this month but one would wonder if there would be another one this side of Xmas.

The plus side of ordering now would be better bargaining power but if the car wasn't going to be available until 2010 anyway could the price go up and some of your bargaining is lost?

I generally hold on to my cars for many years with my current one now 17 years old but that said this my first new one and maybe I might change sooner this time around but really how long is a piece of string? Also I am in no rush but it is a given that I will be getting a new I30.

Keen to hear others opinions!
Twodogs

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Twodogs.
I wouldn't worry about waiting for a 2010 plated car. It will be no different apart from a little metal build plate under your bonnet. If you keep your cars as long as you say you do, than the resale difference will be zip, so why wait. Like you say, you will have better bargaining if you get an 09 model. In anycase, you wont see any 2010 built and complied cars become available till at least February.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
HMmm..

I wonder if/when the U2 diesel and 6 speed manual is coming to Oz??

Could help make the decision easier !

Offline Twodogs

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi Blue

From what I understand that could be late 2010 with the facelift but others here may have better sources of info.

Cheers
Twodogs

Offline Twodogs

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi Twodogs.
I wouldn't worry about waiting for a 2010 plated car. It will be no different apart from a little metal build plate under your bonnet. If you keep your cars as long as you say you do, than the resale difference will be zip, so why wait. Like you say, you will have better bargaining if you get an 09 model. In anycase, you wont see any 2010 built and complied cars become available till at least February.

Yep EymaTeapot that is the way I am swaying at present but thought I might as well get some others opinions.

Offline Twodogs

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi Twodogs.

I was also told that cars being built since September are generally considered to be 2010 cars but may not have the 2010 plate on. Just depends on when they expect to ship them.

Twodogs

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
go on, go on, go on, go on,.......buy now , you'll only delaying the drive of your life

Offline Twodogs

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
go on, go on, go on, go on,.......buy now , you'll only delaying the drive of your life

And I might just do that too!! :lol:

Rang around a few dealers to see what they would put forward as advantages to buying now over buying in 2010 and it was mainly bargaining power now and none of them could rule out a price rise next year. The tax break for ABN holders is making I30's more scarce at present but all that I spoke to were confident that if ordered shortly deliver would happen before Christmas.

Cheers
Twodogs

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

And I might just do that too!! :lol:

Rang around a few dealers to see what they would put forward as advantages to buying now over buying in 2010 and it was mainly bargaining power now and none of them could rule out a price rise next year. The tax break for ABN holders is making I30's more scarce at present but all that I spoke to were confident that if ordered shortly deliver would happen before Christmas.

Cheers
Twodogs

Don't beleave it TwoDogs, as the AU $ is going up in value, also a good bargaining point is the Ford Festiva gets a 1.6 CRDi motor in December that had a consumtion of 3.7/100k. don't mean you buy one but you can use that to knock price down. the Festiva has a lot of opptions and some good idea's like a green light to indicate to shift gear for best economy ( that would use the manifold vacume) also they have improved rolling resistance and wind tunnel testing, they are light too. but the 1.6 is only 66KW but if it is light enough that could help performance. i know i plane to test drive one.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal