Mecha Error - CD Player stopped working

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
bought  a new cd on saturday - went to put it in for my drive home and danger danger will robinson 'Mecha Error'.  :question:  :exclaim:   :evil: :'(

everything else seems to work but cannot play cds, load or eject existing cds.
anyone know if there's a reset or something? i guess its off to Hyundai - its my 6 month service this month so can get it checked under that.

i have to say while i love my car very much i'm a little frustrated with the constant minor niggles  :-[
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
some of us have had minor things go pear shaped i know [me especialy] but we have 5 year warranty's and my little glitches or gremlins stopped a while back.  :mrgreen: some of us have had no problems at all. in my opinion im glad i own a Hyundai and not a prius.  :lol: :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Snowcherry.. you seem to be having a bad run.. I haven't actually had anything worth claiming under warranty yet (in 2 years and very nearly 60,000 km)

Check your compliance plate does it say "4pm on Friday the..."

I wonder if the failsafe to stop you loading too many CDs into your player didn't work and you got a double up..???
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the old before and after lunch problems.  :rolleyes:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
In the fuse box there should be two fuses that can be pulled partially out in a little plastic holder. Pulling these and leaving out for 10 seconds+ should reset the radio. You'll need to reset the clock and preferences afterwards.

If it still plays up the dealer will probably just replace it.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
OH that's helpful Snowcherry...

I have had that same error message a couple of times on my NEW i30... and now I come to think it's occurred just after ejecting the CD...

I mentioned it to the dealership and he trivialised it as  a minor glitch 'that will clear itself up....'

I'll keep an eye on things with this new knowledge. 

It's so useful being in an owners club  :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) 

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i don't understand howcome in Australia the dealers bend over backwards to help you [usualy] and in the UK they couldn't give a rats a$$ about your problems and give you the runaround.that's the impression i get from most of your feedback in other countries.  :rolleyes: :eek:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Its symptomatic of UK service industries in general at the moment.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
In the fuse box there should be two fuses that can be pulled partially out in a little plastic holder. Pulling these and leaving out for 10 seconds+ should reset the radio.

Yes, good idea. There is also a "soft" reset using the 1..6 buttons but I can't for the life of me remember what it is, or where I read it. Maybe I spotted it while browsing HMA. I'l see if I can [re-]find it.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
that's not anyway to look after a customer.if I'm jerked around by aftersales i let the manager and/or his manager know my disgust in there mucking me around.it usually doesn't happen again after that.in my younger days i dragged a salesman over the counter by the scruff of the neck,i never did that again[twelve month behavior bond]i talk with my mouth now I'm a lot older and not my hands.  :evil: :lol:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I seem to spend a lot of my time dealing with customer service issues for people. I don't like doing it but sometimes you have to get angry with folk.

The other half's Peugeot just got back from a warranty repair on it's gearbox. They had it 2 weeks longer than they promised, and forgot to deliver it back. And today it's leaking gearbox oil. Here we go again....

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :mad: :mad: :evil:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

And today it's leaking gearbox oil. Here we go again....

I would consider myself quite "mild mannered" but something like that would really fire me up...

Hope you get it sorted quickly...

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

And today it's leaking gearbox oil. Here we go again....

I would consider myself quite "mild mannered" but something like that would really fire me up...

Hope you get it sorted quickly...

Yeah, I think the long-term fix is an i20.

Sorry again for going OT. I must try harder.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Sounds like a great fix IMO :cool: :cool:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No worries Lorian I am the worst ..but that is the joy of this site (spontaneity) :D

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
yes.  :cool:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
In the fuse box there should be two fuses that can be pulled partially out in a little plastic holder. Pulling these and leaving out for 10 seconds+ should reset the radio. You'll need to reset the clock and preferences afterwards.

If it still plays up the dealer will probably just replace it.

The fuses you mention, are they in the fusebox in the drivers door recess?  Maybe that's the only fuse box I dunno...

Sorry if that's the dumb-ass question, but hey someone has to ask the dumb question
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

The fuses you mention, are they in the fusebox in the drivers door recess?  Maybe that's the only fuse box I dunno...

Yes.

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
thanks guys
good tip with the fuzes, i'll have to try that, thanks

dazz, i'm wondering if my compliance says 4pm friday the 13th even  :lol:
at least the issues haven't been major mechanical ones *touch wood* but i do have a few things to talk about in service at the end of the month.

i am sure i don't have a cd double up though. i actually removed a few a couple weeks back, then put one back in, so was up to four. it still says i have four, but can't play or change between them. mind you she could still be grumpy over a new cd i played a couple weeks ago, i don't think either of us liked it.  :rolleyes:
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

mind you she could still be grumpy over a new cd i played a couple weeks ago, i don't think either of us liked it.  :rolleyes:

Why didn't I think of that... :eek: :lol:

Offline sparki30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent

• Kent England. 1.6CRDI Premium
I think I am right in saying that audio equipment in the UK is only covered for 2 or 3 years and not the full 5.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Hang on a minute.... you mean you put *MORE* than on CD in the CD player at any one time......

Does my i30 edition allow me to do that?????????????   if so, that is sooooo cooooooooooool.

Someone tell me pleeeeze.

I don't wanna experiment tryna knock a CD in if it's not meant to have more than on.   :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ya know, I really must get round to reading that dam book they gave me with the car  :D

I usually follow the golden rule of most men, and certainly all computer guys, which is, only when all else fails RTFM  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I think it's just a single unit in yours so be careful.

I haven't put a CD in mine yet, I can't see the point when it works really well with my 16Gb USB stick?

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
yeah yer right Lorian...  I'm copyin me tunes to me thumb drive right now..

Thanks

Offline rushandy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
Which brand / model of USB storage do you use Lorian? I thought that there was some kind of issue with having lots of data (i.e. more than 1 - 2 GB) on a stick, but that it could be USB stick dependant. Maybe you have the magic brand lol.

I'd rather use one of those than my iPod, don't like leaving it in the car really, and it's a bit of a faff carrying it around everywhere. A USB that could stick all my music on would be ideal.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Good question Andy... and, as a supplementary question.  I presume it has to be formatted to FAT32 ??????????????????????
 :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Yes, fat32.

If there were any limits it was probably in early radio firmware models. I actually have quite a large collection of usb flash drives, but the one I use in the i30 is a basic freecom databar. I use this one becuase it has no big flashing light, is virtually all black, and difficult to see. As I am lazy and leave it plugged in ALL the time* it helps reduce the chance of a broken window when some one tries to steal it.

I wouldn't recommend leaving your drive in all the time as it is a green flag to thieves. I'm luck I live in an area that is relatively low on crime.

The stick always restarts where it left off, and starting the car with it plugged in has so far failed to nuke it.

*I prefered the usb port location on korean made cars where it was hidden from prying eyes. I plan to add another port sometime, but it's always a job for tomorrow.

Offline rushandy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
If the early problems haven't been seen recently I might try a 32GB stick... Thanks for the info.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal