i30 Owners Club

2019 N-Line 1.4T - Check Electric Vacuum Pump In Brake System warning

robola · 3 · 4523

Offline robola

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London
Hi All.  This is my first post, I wish it was under better circumstances!  I picked up my brand new i30 N-Line (1.4 T-GDi) a couple of weeks ago.  All was going well until the weekend just past.  I was driving home from the gym and this warning popped up on the instrument console LCD (along with the amber and red warning lights) - it persisted despite continuing driving and restarting the engine:

I called up Hyundai assistance and they sent out the AA who plugged in the code reader.  No codes came up on the read.   He then reset the battery and the warning was gone.  Problem solved, or so I thought.  It came up again this morning - I reset the battery myself, however the warning didn't go away this time.

I need to drive home for Christmas on Friday (~400 mile drive).  I haven't felt any loss in power to the brakes. The car drives fine and feels like a brand new car should.  I called up a couple of dealerships close to me to see if they could take a look but since it is so close to Christmas, there isn't any availability.  I'm hoping this will be fine to ignore until after  Christmas when I can take it in to a dealership.

Is this a known issue/has anyone got any experience with this?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 16:25:58 by robola »
  • 2019 i30 N-Line (1.4 T-GDi)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Sure there's been a recall on vacuum pumps for the N-line series.

EDIT:
https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/product-enhancement-inspection.3461/

This should be a priority inspection by your dealer.

Oh, and  :wttc:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
IF the AA use a cheap ELM ODB code reader it wont show it.

Thankfully I've not had this issue - and there is no recall against my car.

I'm surprised a new car has a fault know about for what looks like a year or so.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal