i30 Owners Club

My 2 month review - likes and dislikes

FixedR6
I did put some high density felt type soundproofing in a Fiat 1283P I owned in the mid Seventies and that was pretty effective  :cool:
Not sure how effective sound deadening material would be on the dashboard Dazzler :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I did put some high density felt type soundproofing in a Fiat 1283P I owned in the mid Seventies and that was pretty effective  :cool:
Not sure how effective sound deadening material would be on the dashboard Dazzler :lol:

I think YOU are confused I was talking about the road noise  :P This dense felt stuff placed under the carpet in the front footwell and around the wheel arches behind the boot lining might help a bit... :exclaim: :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The racks certainly contribute to noise on the highway.
Most of the noise you get from certain road surfaces is the tyres. A different brand and tread pattern will change this characteristic.
Whilst some vibration may come from the diesel as Dazz says, any other vibration through the steering wheel is definitely not wheel alignment. It is wheel balance (front). Unless it only vibrates when you have your foot on the brake. Then it's a warped brake rotor.
If your rear tyres are out of balance, you'll feel it through the seat of your pants.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Nicely explained surfedude 8)
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
Maybe they have improved the dash? Does yours appear to have any illumination during the day when the lights are off? My wifes Tiida is much better that way (Illuminated as soon as igition is switched on day or night)
Do you wear sunnies when you drive?
Just checked again. Def. no illumination when you turn the ignition on. My dials are black background with white markings and red needles with a silver outline.
I wear sunnies all the time.
But............... I think I have the answer. :idea:
It's all our bright Queensland sunshine. :D
Which would work except I think Snowcherry has also complained about it and our cars are only a month or two apart. (but maybe it wasn't her).
It's overcast up here today and still no legibility problem.

i heard my name being used;, - dash illumination. now that rings a bell. what did i complain of?
there's no lighting on in the dash until the parkers are on or there's a lack of sunlight to trigger the headlights when 'auto' is on.

i think
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal