i30 Owners Club

Sun visor for FD

Mendo · 8 · 2021

Offline Mendo

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Hi guys
Need to replace at least one of the sun visors on the 2009 FD. The driver side visor in particular won't stay up as the plastic piece on the L-shape arm is broken so it doesn't have enough hold. Tried apply felt-tape on the metal arm feeding through the visor (to fill the hole plus provide hold) but though better, not really holding well.
Anyway looking at $250 each from the Dealer - not going to happen - and 2nd's on-line look awfully grubby.
I have found some new ones on-line from South Korea for the CW model. Even though they look the same as those on the FD, they (as expected) have different part numbers. Anyone know if those for a CW model would fit the FD? As an example (note: this one seems to have another plug which I'm assuming is for a visor light - which I can't utilise -but should sit harmlessly  in the roof):
:link: Genuine 852022L020TX Sun Visor Inside Right RH Gray For i30 2008-2011 | eBay

Thanks.
  • 2009 FD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0ltr, Auto, Grey

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Don't suppose that there's a number on your old one? , probably different anyway as you don't have a light.  Might be able to power  roof light .
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
There's no difference between the hatch and wagon for the visors.

Key difference is the higher spec has illumination in the roof lining activated by the vanity mirror.

That's where that wire comes in.

The other thing is you won't get the numbers to match because the labels and warnings they have are in Korean hence the part number difference otherwise it will do the same job.

So if you have the base model SX, it's not going to matter if you get the wired one or not but it will if you have that light fitted. I think last I looked it was about $100 for a pair delivered but I expect it's more now.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
No mirror it appears on one of those

Offline Mendo

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
I understand from the Dealer that the right & left sun visor part numbers for my FD are 852022L240TX & 852012L240TX respectively.

I just want to be sure that the visors in the CW model are the matching fitting for the FD I.e. screw into same position/holes in roof, size when folded up as per the indent in the FD's roof lining.

If anyone with and FD has installed such visors from a CW model and can advise, it would be appreciated.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I understand from the Dealer that the right & left sun visor part numbers for my FD are 852022L240TX & 852012L240TX respectively.

I just want to be sure that the visors in the CW model are the matching fitting for the FD I.e. screw into same position/holes in roof, size when folded up as per the indent in the FD's roof lining.

If anyone with and FD has installed such visors from a CW model and can advise, it would be appreciated.
I'm not giving you the answer  just for giggles  :spitty:

Offline Mendo

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Thanks TW2005. I wasn't doubting your comments, it's just I wasn't clear on the level of your certainty plus I was thinking the SX you referenced was yet another model.  The car is actually my wife's - now I know she has an FD SX  :-[ Also the reason it's important to me to ensure I order a correct part to avoid the ramifications :faint:
Provided part numbers at request of mickD.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal