i30 Owners Club

Catch up chit chat

John B · 17 · 2477

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Hi Troops, thought I would pop in to let you know I am still kicking along. Have finally got around to getting a couple of dents in the roof fixed up that I stupidly did by resting my elbows on the roof to lift some fence palings off my roof racks :rolleyes: Thought it would cost a fair bit but was surprised to be quoted $ 110.
The people I used did a good job. Also got a scrape on the bumper fixed up at the cost of $258, I was worried about the Sleek Silver metallic finish being matched with the rest of the car but once again the guy that did it spent about three hrs and did a great job. The car now looks like it did when I picked it up from the showroom :) Had a bit of an old fart moment a while back and started looking at a Mitsubishi Pajero but after some serious talking to myself I came to my senses. I would not have got a diesel as I just do not do the Kms so the DPF would have been a problem, would not go bush bashing ( back problems ) and a petrol engine would use over double the fuel compared to the i30 and lastly trade in for my 2014 Elite i30 that has only done 21.000 I imagine would be frightening ( did not bother getting it valued ) just wished the i30 was easier to get in and out of with my back problem. Still learning to play the guitar should be able to play a few Shadows tunes by the time I am 90. :lol: Hope you are all well and not had any Covid 19 scares, Stay safe. End of rambling on.  John B.  (  Sloop )
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hey Sloop.

Good to hear from you.

Stick around, hey?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Good to see you're still with us John :goodjob2:

I cant see myself getting rid of my i30 anytime soon either, they're great cars...I'm am thinking about getting a bike again though :D

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Thanks guys.  I have been popping in now again just to make sure you have all been behaving yourselves  :lol:  Bikes are a part of life Craig. My younger brother has 5 of them in fact they are more important to him than cars, unlike others who say they are dangerous he reckons they keep him young and alive and that is at the ripe old age of 74. :D

• Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Bikes are a part of life Craig. My younger brother has 5 of them
My brother, the other John B also has a collection of 4 or 5 bikes still, plus one for the wife and one each for both the kids :crazy1:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Bikes are a part of life Craig. My younger brother has 5 of them
My brother, the other John B also has a collection of 4 or 5 bikes still, plus one for the wife and one each for both the kids :crazy1:

Sounds like one happy biking family. Who does all the repairs ?
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Depending on the extent of repairs John can generally fix most things or at least have a go at it, if he can’t he’ll dump it and buy another one...just as many cars to sort out as well.

The Ducati Diavel was moved on quick after warranty expired, he won’t buy another one though his favourite is the family pass around GSX 1400 which I had for several years then my father rode it for a while till he came off and now Johns enjoying it :)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
So many bikes , all so cheap .  :victory:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Depending on the extent of repairs John can generally fix most things or at least have a go at it, if he can’t he’ll dump it and buy another one...just as many cars to sort out as well.

The Ducati Diavel was moved on quick after warranty expired, he won’t buy another one though his favourite is the family pass around GSX 1400 which I had for several years then my father rode it for a while till he came off and now Johns enjoying it :)

It is a good hobby, my brother enjoys fixing them up as much as riding them, in fact he has been known to sell them once all the work has been done  ( at a loss ) just so he can buy another one that needs work doing to it. He has got a couple of favourites that he will never part with.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Awesome @John B

Love it when treasured long term members pop in for a chat. Glad you are well and happy.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :wts: :welcomeback:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Awesome @John B

Love it when treasured long term members pop in for a chat. Glad you are well and happy.

Thanks Dazz,  unfortunately as much as I would like to contribute more on the forum I have not got the mechanical knowledge of these modern cars .
 I really appreciate the guys that take the effort to help members like myself, also appreciate the friendliness and humour, I do like a good chuckle. Hope you are coping with your ailments and keeping as well as you can. My Mum used to say I was a little treasure but my dad strongly disagreed.  :snigger:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
:wts: :welcomeback:

Thanks Gonz,  I have been keeping up with your achievements regarding the 3D printer and electronics , so interesting.  :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks John, The Covid Isolation situation was knocking me around but now I can get around and have 2 massages a week I'm feeling a lot better. Have to stay healthly now for amazing new granson Odin. Number 19, first one that is a Bailey.   :victory:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Great, what a smiley, lots of ahhhs from my wife. Potential new member for the i30 forum and another one on your birthday and xmas list. :D
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Great, what a smiley, lots of ahhhs from my wife. Potential new member for the i30 forum and another one on your birthday and xmas list. :D

He's super bright, alert and happy (looks and acts like his pop already) says I modestly... I'll buy his xmas and birthday presents and Trish can continue to buy the other 18.. that seems fair.  :snigger:

Actually she is just as smitten with him as I am.  :happydance:

To be honest all our grandkids are good kids.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal