i30 Owners Club

Head Unit Not Responding / Showing Image of Hand

Offline JRiley88

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hey all!

Was hoping someone has experienced this before as the service department can't even look at it until June 19th. They also said they've never seen the error before which has filled me with confidence.

Earlier today I turned the car on and the head unit was blank, absolutely nothing on screen and didn't turn on for the rear camera either.

This is a 2018 i30.

After about 20 mins of driving, the attached image showed up of a womans hand holding a phone.

I've tried pressing the reset button, or holding the reset button, it just causes the head unit to blink on/off rapidly then show this again. Every 5mins or so, the image disappears then reappears.

If anyone has seen this before and has a fix (hopefully), I'd really appreciate it.

ns
(also yep, I know it needs a clean  :lol:)

Cheers,

Andrew
  • 2018 i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Well that's just plain weird :eek:

Have you checked for an update to the firmware (is that even possible on that model) ? 

:link: January 2024 Navigation Map and Software Update > Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline JRiley88

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Well that's just plain weird :eek:

Have you checked for an update to the firmware (is that even possible on that model) ? 

:link: January 2024 Navigation Map and Software Update > Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

Thanks for the reply!

I've had a look around. This isn't the navigation model, just audio/carplay. I managed to find the correct firmware, but you need access to the screen/settings to be able to do this update it seems.
  • 2018 i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal