i30 Owners Club

Engine Shut Down while driving.

Offline carilad

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hello Everyone,

I own an i30 Active 1.8L, Petrol, Auto, 2013, MY14. In the last few weeks my car's engine has randomly shut down on its own when I was at the lights, all the lights in the car's dash turned on when this happened, so I had to turn the key back to the off position and hoped the car would turn back on when I turned the key again to start the engine and luckily it worked. This has randomly happened twice in the last 2 weeks, but over the years I have also had on several incidents the engine not start at first go, but after the third attempt it kicked in.

I have serviced my vehicle with Hyundai for the life of the car so far, and every time they have done the service and have run the diagnostic report, they confirm the vehicle is good and they could not find any issues. I have also just this week taken it to a trusted mechanic that was not Hyundai, and after checking everything from his end, from battery to alternator and also running a diagnostic report, he said the same thing, all the tests do not come up with any errors or faults, from what he could see was that the car is in great conditions and is running great, so nothing can be done if we don't know what the issue is.

I no longer feel safe driving the vehicle due to the engine shutting off whilst driving at random moments, and would like to know if anyone else has experienced this and has been able to get to the bottom of why this is happening.
  • i30 Active 2013 MY14

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal