i30 Owners Club

FD-01 RADIO IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY

Offline Icemasam093

• 1st Gear

• Brisbane
Hey!

I have had my i 30 2011 cw diesel for about a year now, bought off my brother. Radio has been working fine up until a few weeks ago where it does one of 2 things. Either switch off and on constantly making it unable to play music, or when i put the fuse in after taking it out to reset it stays on even when the car turns off and does nothing (see photo where it says 12:00 and nothing else). I cant choose what of the 2 it will be, just random i guess. Right now it is just a blank screen as per the photo, so ive taken the fuse out as it will drain my battery. Cant press any buttons.

Weirdly when i took apart the stuff arounf the radio i found a set of wires leading to nothing... dont know if this could be it as i cant find anywhere to put it in.

Any help is great honestly, i understand i could go see a mechanic but if i can fix it myself i would rather do that.

Ive changed the audio fuse and the room LP fuse and that didnt work.

Please let me know
Thank you.

• I 30 cw diesel

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'd be checking the controls on your steering wheel. The clockspring may be on its way out.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Icemasam093

• 1st Gear

• Brisbane
I'd be checking the controls on your steering wheel. The clockspring may be on its way out.

My airbag light isnt on and i tested the cruise control yesterday, it seemed normal to me. I have no radio controls on the steering wheel, but im no expert, does the radio connect to it? If so would it being faulty cause it to stay on when car has been turned completely off?
  • I 30 cw diesel

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The normal mode of powering a car radio is for a battery feed to keep alive the station programming and clock, as well as an ignition feed to have it turn off when you turn off the ignition. These are two separate lines in the loom to the radio. If there has been no wiring change in the time you've had it, I would be concerned about the radio itself, now that you've confirmed you have no steering wheel buttons. That part of the loom that goes nowhere might well be what would have connected to the steering wheel. Remove it or ensure it's not shorting to the body anywhere.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal