i30 Owners Club

2018 i30 fastback tgdi climate control questions

Offline weeirrr

• 1st Gear

• ro Romania
      Brasov
Hello everybody, I'm trying to understand the logic of the automatic dual zone climate control in my i30. The problem that led to this is the fact that i set the inside temperature at 21 degrees celsius and it never cools down to that. It is currently about 29-33 degrees celsius during the day in my location. So i get in the car and start it up, climate control starts to blow cold air towards my feet with I think the 6-th blower position, than gradually goes to blowing air through the front vents. it's still hot inside the car, set temp is 21, climate blows hard, it does start to cool but after about 5 minutes, it starts to reduce the blower speed to 3, somehow like it reached the set temp and it is only trying to mantain temperature. Funny thing is that I am still sweating inside, I've even got another thermometer inside the car which reads 30 degrees celsius inside, so far away from the 21 I've set. I have also checked the temperature of the air coming out of the vents when climate is set to LO, and that is 6 degrees celsius. I have also checked to see what temperature the thermometer inside the climate panel is reporting via a diagnosis software at the garage I'm going and it also reads 30 degrees celsius. So, if interior temperature is 30 and I've requested 21, why is it not blowing harder, colder, or whatever it needs to do to reach that temp? It's acting like it's close to the requested temperature and only mantaining.
Sure I've checked pressure of the freon, changed the inside filter, no leaks, compressor does not stop, front ventilator starts and stops.
Anyone came across this problem and has some advice?
Thanks.
  • i30 Fastback 1.4 tgdi

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Sounds like the climate sensor(s) need(s) a clean. Don't know for certain where it'll/they'll be on your fastback, most likely behind a small "grill" opening near your climate controls.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline weeirrr

• 1st Gear

• ro Romania
      Brasov
thanks for the response, but why do you say that? the interior temperature sensor is sensing higher temp than set. it would have made sense if the inside sensor would have reported a below 21 degrees inside temperature.
  • i30 Fastback 1.4 tgdi

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
but why do you say that?
Let's say the small aperture that allows air to be sampled is itself blocked or inhibited somehow... that could lead to a gradual build up of warmth behind it, fooling the sensor.

It was just an idea - something to rule out, that is all.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline weeirrr

• 1st Gear

• ro Romania
      Brasov
Thank you for the reply, i appreciate it, i was just trying to find the logic. the small grill behind which is the sensor is free, clean, and if i struggle a little, i can even see the two sensor terminals.
  • i30 Fastback 1.4 tgdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal