i30 Owners Club

Essential service programme

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
My car is due its annual service in August.

Since it passed its 5th year I've used the UK Hyundai Essential service programme as it provides stamp in book plus 12 months full breakdown and recovery service.

However, when making enquiries this week I was told the 3 service levels have ceased and they now just offer 2 levels, 1 at £129 which was the previous basic at £99, and other at £219, combination of the other 2.

I've googled etc and can't find any info from Hyundai direct.

Is anyone in the UK aware of this change or able to provide upto date link?

Cheers.... and thanks in advance....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 21:37:28 by eye30 »
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
The link below shows what my local Hyundai dealer does for the 2 levels of service. It's less that what the old essentials service did, because when I previously paid £219 it included changing the fuel filter and the coolant.

:link: Hyundai Fixed Price Servicing | Leicester | Sturgess Hyundai
  • i30 CRD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Cheers BrendanP.

See it also excludes spark plugs.....

So a £30 increase on the basic one.

Going for the £129 as the cost of buying direct from the breakdown, home start and recovery, told it is AA, is circa £200.

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I use rescuemycar.com for breakdown recovery. My partner just renewed hers for about £33/year, includes breakdown assistance, national recovery and homestart. That's for a 2015 i30 CRDi. That covers the car for any driver, or you can get a personal policy that covers you for driving any car. No excess.

I've never had to call them out, but she's had to call them out about 3 times, once to give her a jump start after returning to an airport having left an interior light on. Recovered twice to home after side window smashed by a thief and once when alternator died. Response was pretty good. In contrast, a friend of mine with RAC cover was told they'd have to wait about 10 hours for recovery so I went out and towed them home.
  • i30 CRD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

BrendanP.

Re RAC
Check out facebook page
RAC how bad are they.

Some horror stories of being left for hours, days and sometimes weeks waiting for service or to have their car recovered.

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I just dug out the receipt for the Essentials Full service my car had in August 2021. Cost was £229.

Replaced engine oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter, brake fluid, coolant change.

I questioned why they replaced the coolant because at the previous service in Feb 2020 they replaced the coolant then as well, and it's supposed to be good for 5 years. They told me the service pack includes all the parts and fluids so they use whatever's in the pack regardless.
  • i30 CRD

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
They told me the service pack includes all the parts and fluids so they use whatever's in the pack regardless.
... and charge regardless, no doubt.  :spitty:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
Yep. I don't think I'd have gotten a discount if I'd requested they didn't change the coolant.
  • i30 CRD

Offline i30bluedrive

• 2nd Gear
You are right, they did use to offer the eSENSEtials which used to be £99 , £159 and £219 respectively. Seems Hyundai have axed the 'Interim service' which was £159 and now offer just a base and full service. I previously used the £99 service once, but since I now do all the oil changes my self and the fact the air filter/pollen filter take about 2 minutes to change, I will probably only use £219 service every 2/3 years when I need the fuel filter and brake fluid changing.
  • 2014 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel, 1.6lt, Manual, Red - BlueDrive

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal