i30 Owners Club

car jerks when shifting

Online kenalex

• 2nd Gear
Hi Everyone,

I own a 2009 Hyundai i30 gasoline 1.6L automatic. Over the past few weeks, my car has been experiencing a strange issue. Whenever it shifts gears, there's a jittering, jerking sensation. Typically, the RPMs drop as expected during a gear change, but sometimes, even when I increase the throttle, the RPMs remain unchanged while the jittering occurs.

To further investigate, I connected my OBD2 tool and checked for problem codes but found none on the transmission control unit and ECU.

It’s quite difficult to explain as I’ve never encountered this issue before. I conducted a test drive with a mechanic who also observed the same shuddering sensation between shifts, describing it as a bucking sensation similar to what you might find in a manual transmission. After the test drive, he suggested it could be an electrical issue.

The mechanic changed the transmission fluid and noticed some fine sediments in the transmission pan and on the magnet, yet the problem persisted. The car has about 75,000 miles on it and has undergone two transmission fluid changes.

This issue occurs randomly but has become more frequent since I first noticed it a few weeks ago.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the solution could be?

Online kenalex

• 2nd Gear
Hi Everyone,
          The sad things is there are no codes  listed to show to indicatewhere  the possible  location of the  fault . but due to the  how the car behaves I would thing it would be  centered around the transmission.
I did some further research  and   heard from others who ad this problem  found the cause to be a faulty valve body.

Have any of you guys experience this behavior  before ?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal