i30 Owners Club

Installing trunk shock lift tailgate carbon fibre

Offline Car_Losg

• 2nd Gear

• es Spain
      Barcelona
Good morning.
Here's a link to a video on how to change the rear tailgate dampers of our i30 for carbon fibre ones:

https://youtu.be/VoOj3PlwyDg?si=4AS89ZyYE_CdDwL-

It's super easy.

Best regards
  • 2012 GD 5 door hatch, petrol 1.4lt, manual white

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
They're actually not carbon fibre, they just look like it.

As every one of your posts made has a link to your own YouTube channel I wonder if this is simply self promotion for your own benefit :undecided:

Offline TerryT

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

As every one of your posts made has a link to your own YouTube channel I wonder if this is simply self promotion for your own benefit :undecided:

I was wondering the same.  At a stab, I'd guess Car_Losg (or a 'friend') has a business (XS Automobiles & Motorcycles Store?) that sells these XiangShang struts on ALiExpress.

I'm guessing it's the strut manufacturer (XiangShang) that is saying::

Gotta say, that extendable squeegee-head tool used in the video to hold open an unsupported tailgate is a handy idea especially if both struts are stuffed.  Many households would already have one of these that us DIY-mechanics could 'borrow'. 

I have downloaded several YouTube videos that Car_Losg linked to in his previous posts because I found them interesting and well presented...but I did edit out the 'ads' etc :)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 03:13:35 by TerryT »
  • 2018 i30 PD SR Auto 1.6 Turbo Hatch (Sparkling Metal)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I was wondering the same.  At a stab, I'd guess Car_Losg (or a 'friend') has a business (XS Automobiles & Motorcycles Store?) that sells these XiangShang struts on ALiExpress.

I'm guessing it's the strut manufacturer (XiangShang) that is saying::

Yes for $25 they definitely won't be carbon fibre and the description on the AliExpress page states " Material = Steel " :rolleyes:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal