i30 Owners Club

Motor air filter change interval

Offline JpHyundaiFan

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      Finland
Manual service checklist says that the motor air filter should be checked after 12 months and replaced after 24 months. But if I google about the change interval, they say cars air filter should be changed after 12 months or after about 15k-30k kilometers. Can I trust the manuals 2 year change advice?
  • Hyundai i30 1.6, Blue-Drive, GDH, Blueberry, 2013

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It mostly depends on how dusty/dirty the environment is that the vehicle is driven in, inspect at 12 months and if not to dirty a tap out to release loose particle and a vacuum should be fine for another 12 months.

There are also aftermarket options like K&N filters which you clean and oil yourself which last a lifetime = 1 million K's

Offline JpHyundaiFan

• 2nd Gear

• fi Finland
      Finland
Ok, thanks. Ye, I checked and it looked good, I shaked it a little and put back. My environment is not that dirty and I dont drive so much.

There are also aftermarket options like K&N filters which you clean and oil yourself which last a lifetime = 1 million K's

Thats interesting.... might look at that.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6, Blue-Drive, GDH, Blueberry, 2013

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
On my partner's diesel I change the air and pollen filter every 12 months, even though it covers about 40,000 km/year. I do the same on my car, which is also diesel, but I drive about 15,000 km/year. The filters are quite cheap (in England) and so easy to change, I don't bother trying to clean them. I use 3rd party filters like Mann, Hengst, Bosch
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal