i30 Owners Club

2012 i30 1.6 CRDi Blue Drive - Jumping/Kangarooing in first/second gear

Lee001 · 2 · 1062

Offline Lee001

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      WEST YORKSHIRE
Hi all  :goodjob2:

My first post here. Based in West Yorkshire, UK.

I bought a Hyundai i30 2012 1.6 CRDi Blue Drive in January with 71,000 miles on the clock. The car has been flawless except that recently, it has started having an intermittent problem. The problem is that when maintaining a steady level of throttle in first, and sometimes second, the car will sort of bounce/kangaroo, as if you are pumping the accelerator pedal and lifting off. I thought it happened when the car was cold but having yesterday driven 80 miles on the motorway, when I came to a stop at a roundabout it did the same thing when setting off in first.

It doesn't happen all the time but it is very annoying. Took it to the garage who said they couldn't replicate it and couldn't find an issue, but not sure what they looked at. Anyone had similar problems and found a resolution? Mechanically the car is otherwise sound.

Also as a second question, the air con condenser needs replacing and I was quoted £390 for the parts and labour. Is this a good price? My mechanic brother in law thought it seemed a bit pricey.

Thanks all for your help 🙂
  • Hyundai i30 2012 1.6 CRDi

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal