i30 Owners Club

Front windshield jets replacement, please help

Aya · 3 · 815

Offline Aya

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
Hi, stupid question but please try to answer... I bought a new pair of jets to replace the existing ones because they spray all around... I need to know if you place it from outside in to the water hose or from inside out... I don't remember how I did it a few years ago...

• I30 2009 inspire 1.6L

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I've never taken out out, but judging by the shape of the moulding I'd say it is pushed in from the outside. That shape of that curved barb look likes the end to which the hose is attached is pushed through the hole, the barb flexes down as it's pushed in, then that step at the end of the barb snaps into place to hold it into position. To pull it out from the hole, I expect you have to push down on the tip of the barb to release it. Let's hope the plastic hasn't gone brittle and doesn't snap off. When I look on partsouq it shows the nozzle assembly as having a short length of tubing already attached to it. If you have to use the existing tubing, I suggest you pull the old nozzle out, pull the tubing out through the hole and attach it to the new nozzle before feeding it back through the hole.
  • i30 CRD

Offline Aya

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I put it as I assume from out in but the water flow is just 3-4cm high on the windshield... There is no problem with the jets because it spray very good out of the place it should be in... I'll try to move it a bit inside so the angle will be wider...
  • I30 2009 inspire 1.6L

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal