i30 Owners Club

i30CW SX/SLX Badges - Parts Interchangable?

Offline bbotto90

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Morning All, New to the forum, but thought it would be the best place to ask such a question, in the process of purchasing a 2011 i30CW SX 1.6Lt Diesel - Auto - Silver.

Are the extras from the SLX trim level interchangeable with the SX Trim level? - eg. can i grab parts like climate control etc from a wreck SLX model and plug and play into the SX Model?

Looking to transplant, Climate Control, Stereo Fascia, Foglights, Shifter Knob Etc

Cheers
Brodie

• 2011 FD i30CW Diesel 1.6lt Auto Silver

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Most likely not.

I have FD I30 CW SX. I also have a wrecked I30 Hatch SLX.

The steering and clock spring are straight swap. However there will be three wires missing for cruise control wiring. They go to ECU. I am still confused which wire goes to  where on the ECU, as there are several configurations....... Instrument Cluster is straight swap over, as you may not have cruise control lights in your current one.

Climate control I dont think is a option, unless you pull dash out and swap looms over at the very least. Stereo Facia same.

Tweeters in front door will go in, but again no wiring for them

Fog lights will go in, however again no wiring. Same for head light switch probably.

Gear selector knob probably work.

SX has many wires etc missing compared to SLX

Others probably can chip in. This is what I have found out so far.....
  • 2013 I30 Active Tourer. Diesel Auto

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Agree with the above. The supporting looming will let you down. I misread the topic and was prepared to design SLX badges for 3D printing  :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal