i30 Owners Club

Brake lights.

copycats · 37 · 27598

Offline copycats

• 2nd Gear

Dealers are a bit luck-of-the draw, but as far as warranty work is concerned that will no doubt treat you like anyone else (heh). Hyundai pay them for the work, so it's all revenue for the dealer.
Phoned Hyundai first thing ,described the problem and the seriousness of it.Went through the usual details spiel, your cars on the system but not one of "ours". Where did you purchase BLAH BLAH BLAH.Thursday morning is the earliest we can fit you in.Again after reiterating the seriousness  of the problem and that my livelyhood depends on the car, bring it in tomorrow and we'll see if someone can have a look.
Fair enough
Here's hoping as its costly for me to be off the road to long

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good luck copycats (hope it gets sorted quickly) :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline copycats

• 2nd Gear

Offline copycats

• 2nd Gear
Ok guys , car now back on the road with brake lights working.Credit where due, Thanks Hyundai for quickly getting this job done quickly even though you were busy and had no appointments till later on in the week
 :goodjob: :goodjob:
Simple ecu reset they told me was all they done after eliminating the obvious .

While im delighted to be back on the road and impressed with Hyundai so far , doesn't this leave us with a couple of questions

1. Does this prove that disconnecting the battery for over an hour, does not  reset the ECU
2. What the heck happened to make the brake lights go in the first place.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
BUT,how did they reset the ecu?  :-\
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Pip
BUT,how did they reset the ecu?  :-\
As noted, if controller related it would be the Body Control Module (BCM) and not the Engine Control Unit (ECU). Same question though... how is it reset if not by forcing a Power On Reset (POR) by disconnecting/reconnecting the power (battery)?

It's also interesting that there must be separate "outputs" for the two brake light circuits, centre and side.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

Dealers are a bit luck-of-the draw, but as far as warranty work is concerned that will no doubt treat you like anyone else (heh). Hyundai pay them for the work, so it's all revenue for the dealer.

I'll tell you a wee story regarding this, which changed my mind forever regarding warranty work and them getting paid for it anyway.

When Skoda first introduced the octavia to the market they were getting snapped up as soon as they became avalable .2 reasons, the price and the unlimited milage warranty, yes even if you did taxi it.Quite clever by Skoda realy, as it became one of the most seen cars on the road as taxi drivers everywhere had one.Enabled them to get rid of the almost laughable reputation they once had.
The first batch of sdi's blew a seal on the gearbox after about 120 k miles .Co incidently me and a mates went on the same day ,incredible but true.His was purchased from the dealer mine wasn't. Guess who got his replaced and was back working within 24 hrs , guess who had to wait a week as a new box was "trying to be sourced"
Still wont talk ill of the good old octavia though.They sorted  the gearbox problem and to this day they still produce a car that in my eyes is bullet proof mechanically.
Why did I jump ship? Price of them has rocketed,warranty has all but diminished.Getting a wee bit older now and looking for a bit more comfort

did you know the skoda Octavia running gear is the same as a vw jeta.   :offtopic: :whistler:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal