• au Australia
      Sydney

• CW SLX CRDi
Current drive: 2003 Camry V6
Want to have: CW SLX 1.6 CRDi
More affordable: CW SLX 2.0 Petrol
Best friend recommends: Kia Cerato hatch with 6 speed Auto
Any advice?

BTW I asked to see the bluetooth at a dealer today and was shown a hole in the top rigth hand corner of the sound system labelled "mic".

Cheers, Torquey

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Torquey..

I had a Diesel hatch for 28 months and traded it on a Hybrid Camry :D (more room/ quieter but not as much fun)

Just today traded wifes Tiida on a Clear Blue 2.0 petrol SX CW with Cruise pack.. would have also loved a diesel CW as our second car but wife not so keen on diesel and only does around 8K per year...(get it in about a week..)

Think the CW will hold its value better than a cerato and the 2.0 Cerato feels quite gutless considering they quote about 10 more KW than the petrol i30 (My mate had an SLi sedan and passed it on to his son...) :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome Torquey :goodjob: :goodjob:

Don't know about Aus but in the UK I would guess the Hyundai will hold slightly better value than the Kia...... :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Torquey
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      South West Rocks, NSW, Australia

• i30's are being seen everywhere....

Offline Torquey

• 2nd Gear
  • Sydney AU

• au Australia
      Sydney

• CW SLX CRDi
Thanks for the welcome people.

It would be nice to hold on to the camry until the next generation of i30 auto gear boxes & engines become available however the camry is not 'mine' and is to be taken away soon.

The CRDi is preferrable for retaining V6 like torque figures. I have heard that refuelling diesels can be frustrating.... bowser availability, nozzle size sometimes too big, slow pumps?, need to clean hands afterwards. Comments?

Hope to test drive the 6 speed Auto Cerato and Soul CRDi Auto to get a driveability comparison. When comparing the load area from a quality point of view the Kia looks a bit rough compared to the i30. Also I like the extra space the i30 wagon offers.

I've got until late Feb / early March before committing to an order. This site is really good and I'm sure it will assist the decision making process.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Torquay.. Does it really have to be an Auto?.. the Manual i30's are a better drive (and cheaper) Manual Diesel not much dearer than Petrol Auto... :goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Welcome Torquey!  :goodjob:

I have heard that refuelling diesels can be frustrating.... bowser availability, nozzle size sometimes too big, slow pumps?, need to clean hands afterwards. Comments?

It's really not that bad. I've never had a problem with nozzle size. (get your mind out of the gutter, guys)
Never heard of slow pumps either. If you're happy to just fill your tank until the nozzle clicks off, then filling really isn't an issue. If you're determined to fill the tank and the very long filler neck, then that's when it can get a bit time consuming....
Many servo's supply gloves to wear while filling but really, if you're careful, it's not really a problem. I quite often forget the glove and just grab a piece of paper towel and wrap it around the handle. Oh, nearly forgot to mention, Hyundai do supply a pack of disposable gloves with the car... :wink:

The icing on the cake is you're likely to get around a 1000k per tank with the diesel so you really don't have to refuel very often..... :goodjob:

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Hi Torquey,

Welcome to the i30 Owners Club  :)

Should go with the Hyundai  :goodjob:

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome from Melbourne.  :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Torquey

• 2nd Gear
  • Sydney AU

• au Australia
      Sydney

• CW SLX CRDi
Auto? As much as I love manuals my daily commute can be very slow and would injure/damage something eventually. Besides I want the SLX spec. Once the infrastructure has improved i'd like to cycle to work 1 day/week in nice weather. It would be quicker some days :winker:.

Gloves come with the car?? Thats a nice touch  :). I think I got confused with the high flow pumps trucks use. I guess those are best avoided.

Offline Torquey

• 2nd Gear
  • Sydney AU

• au Australia
      Sydney

• CW SLX CRDi

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :goodjob: :mrgreen:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Order placed today :-) Plan to pick it up end of March.

Did we convince you to go with the diesel?  :winker:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Order placed today :-) Plan to pick it up end of March.

Did we convince you to go with the diesel?  :winker:

From Torquey's signature I would say so  :goodjob: :mrgreen:

mattj255

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
congrats mate, what dealership did you purchase from

This is with out prejudice Matt ..... But I find it quite uncomfortable to be sharing topics or posts with a salesperson or sorry a sales consultant even Hyundai with a siggy of 'other alternative vehicles you can 'help' people with' ...... My common interest here is the fact that most people here have or are considering purchasing a Hyundai i30 and 'unless' you are a cash sponsor for the site your interests here offends me.  :cool:  

Offline Torquey

• 2nd Gear
  • Sydney AU

• au Australia
      Sydney

• CW SLX CRDi
Delivery day is almost here. However in the interim I have received a customer service survey complete with VIN and registration date. Looks like the vehicle was registered last month for a delivery end of this month! So I'm effectively behind 1 months CTP and rego! Does the warranty period commence from date of delivery or date of registration?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Delivery day is almost here. However in the interim I have received a customer service survey complete with VIN and registration date. Looks like the vehicle was registered last month for a delivery end of this month! So I'm effectively behind 1 months CTP and rego! Does the warranty period commence from date of delivery or date of registration?
That whole situation bears further investigation. I assume you bought at an "on road price" which IIRC includes TWELVE months rego etc.
And I can't imagine Hyundai trying to hedge over a month or so when you can prove the delivery date.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

If it has been registered for more than a day or two before delivery I would want a please explain and some financial compensation (are there any accessories you want? Mats, Headlight protectors etc..)

It would be tempting to refuse to accept it but that is hard because you probably don't want to wait any longer.. :sweating:

Offline Torquey

• 2nd Gear
  • Sydney AU

• au Australia
      Sydney

• CW SLX CRDi
Hi there,

An ipod integration cable (at cost) should cover the 1 months lost rego & CTP.

Now I'm thinking I should check the kms already travelled in case they have been using it as a demo. What would acceptable pre delivery kms be for a new car shipped in from interstate? Below 20kms?

The camry gets handed back on 31st and the i30 del date is 30th so I've got 1 day spare for any issues to get sorted. Luckily public transport is good here but hopefully not required.

I may drop in this weekend for a pre delivery inspection.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'd still want a please explain (it's not really the done thing)

I reckon they would be getting off very lightly with just an Ipod cable I'd want the genuine mats and a some headlight protectors (or a dashmat) as well  :exclaim:

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
congrats mate, what dealership did you purchase from

Hi Torquey,

Sorry to hear about your bit of upset mate, a $51.00 ipod cable seems almost an insult, Try a friendly PM to our Sydney sales consultant member Matt j255 .... He appears to be interested in your new car purchase perhaps he can help.

All the best  :cool:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
What would acceptable pre delivery kms be for a new car shipped in from interstate? Below 20kms?

~10
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
welcome Torquey! hope you resolved the issues & got what you want!  :cool:

Offline Torquey

• 2nd Gear
  • Sydney AU

• au Australia
      Sydney

• CW SLX CRDi
Hi,

The rego issue could be a false alarm if the date on the survey is a clerical typo used to generate the form.

I did spy what I assume is the vehicle at the dealer today and there are no plates attached yet.

Let see what happens on Wednesday. :-)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi,

The rego issue could be a false alarm if the date on the survey is a clerical typo used to generate the form.

Good one Torquey :goodjob: Why didn't anyone else (including me :-[) think of that (sounds extremely likely)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
give them a bit of stick mate.  :mad: :wink: 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal