i30 Owners Club

It's mine on friday, with OMG, bonus 6 speed in oz !

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thanks Stapla, i was looking at old tech posts on the u2 & without DPF they put out 125Co2 so they got it below 120, i think our or my CRDi 5 speed had 125Co2 on sticker. might not seem important, but by end of the year it will be important as we will start paying tax .
how is it going m8?

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I really don't understand how this ADR81 Fuel economy testing works and real life.

Consider the old 5 speed CDRi

Urban: 5.7
Comb: 4.7
Extra Urban: 4.1

Now introduce a 6th gear whilst the first 4 gear ratios are unchanged (I think) and you get

Urban: 5.3
Comb: 4.5
Extra Urban: 4.1

Don't understand. It would only be on the highway you'd be able to make use of 6th gear,  and yet the extra urban figure remains unchanged.
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Consipated, the way i see it is , in the extra urban, it's not just lowering the rev, it's also to do with wind resistance, as that works like carrying weight. on a previouse car i owned, that i covered 200,000k in , & it had a trip PC that showed useage as it happens, so i had a good idea what it's fuel useage was, well after i had traveled  about 180,000 i replaced shocks and springs i got lower springs. not sure how much lower, but it was noticible. when i went on a trip i was surprised at the economy improvement. it's just the profile of the car when lowered pushes less wind. the new VW golf bluemotion is lowered 15mm & has the engine stop start so never idles also has the alternator cut out to help cut loads on motor. they also do not have a spare tyre, it gets combined 3.8L/100k but the motor puts out less power & torque than the U2 hyundai. i test drove the Ford Festa Econonetic that gets 3.7L/100k & does not have a spare Tyres it's was a borring car with no performance at all.

Offline stapla

• 2nd Gear
Didn't take long until my 6 speed SLX got hit.  Rear ended by a VW GTi Golf whilst stationary @ lights.  Now my bumper has an imprint of a VW badge :(

Was still on the first tank of purchased fuel.

No one harmed so could have been worse !

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
hope she's fixed fast  :blubber: at least no one was hurt,other than your i30.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Not good stapla (I always suspected the i30 had better brakes than a Golf.. :whistler:)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
sorry to hear that Stapla, how long were you stopped for?
too many people take there eye off the road, they need to be more aware of the dangers. could have been worse like a Kenworth.
what colour is your car?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal