crystal -> ceramic white

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
^ahh cheers thats where i was getting mixed up!  :)
makes me wonder what any upgrades may be....if its something tangible like the side mirror blinkers etc then that would make the 09 car a bit cheaper perhaps. ?
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
They normally make some minor tweaks to the car, last year they standardised ESP and improved the emission controls on the petrol among other little things...

Unlikely they'll make the 2010 models cheaper and they definitely won't do that before they clear all their 2009 stock, but nothing would surprise me - it's a funny market at the moment. I think the blinkers in the mirrors a'la CW would be a good improvement to the hatch. I also hope one day they'll bring in a really high-spec one like some of the ones you can get in Europe. They probably won't though.  :mad:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
i'm sure some people would love an upgrade in the form of a diesel SR, but yes a few more options would be nice.
frankly i cannot see a $2500 difference between the SLX and the SR so a bit more stuff could really make it stand out, but to be honest the reflectors on the side mirrors look a bit weird to me so i could live without that.

have my fingers crossed i can strike a good deal with new dealership tomorrow - and i have another online submission to call me back  :razz:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
WOW  :eek:
i learnt how to make a dealer look like he's having kittens and blow a gasket all at the same time!
needless to say things didnt go smoothly, though he calmed down after he realised i was deadly serious. but they won't tell me what they think trade in value on my car is.........sneaky.

anyway they said they wouldn't negotiate more with me until i can send email through from other dealer with their best quote/ sigh

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Snowcherry, they have a book on used car value i forget what it's called but that is the maxium also you car must sell  for more than they actually pay for it or the valuer looses money out of his own pocket. just how it works. i never trade in cars but it's getting hard to sell. but you can still sell your own. easier in a big city to sell a car though.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
redbook? either that or glass guide?

i do understand how it works but they're initially offering much less than the redbook guide, well the first dealer did that. its not so much what i get for my trade as its the changeover price (thanks to the forum here for explaining that to me!).

Offline sweetbix

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
WOW   :eek:
i learnt how to make a dealer look like he's having kittens and blow a gasket all at the same time!

I actually went to another dealer before I left a deposit on my car and told them what I wanted for what price.. the sales person kept popping into his boss' office and in the end sat down and said... "Look, I can't do it for what you're asking but I'd like to think I'm worth $50 of your time.."
:rolleyes: :lol:
  • 09 Auto SR 2.O Petrol

Offline mugen

• 2nd Gear

• sc Seychelles
      Seychelles
    • Please visit My Flickr
Can anyone please tell me the colour code for Ceramic White? I ordered the crystal white 7F but Hyundai has changed the white shades to Ceramic on all 2010 model i30. Now I have my roof spoiler and bodykit pre-painted in crystal white whilst my car will be ceramic. The car is due to arrive in 1st week Dec (3 months after I ordered). On the shipping docs it shows the code as 'RBC' but during a visit to my local DuPont center it came up as 'NAA' for Hyundai Ceramic white, RBC does not exist in their system.

BTW blinkers on the side mirror do come standard on the i30 GLS hatch here in 'Seychelles' (Africa). We have only 2 models here, the GL and GLS where GL is the base and the GLS the 'luxury' edition. Sunroof, ESP, and leather is a paid option on the GLS tho but we get all the rest of the stuffs i.e. rain sensors, auto light, reverse sensors, etc, etc

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
Can anyone please tell me the colour code for Ceramic White? I ordered the crystal white 7F but Hyundai has changed the white shades to Ceramic on all 2010 model i30.

sorry mate i don't know
did you find out?

i know sweetbix has the ceramic - she'll have the code

Offline IMCRZY

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Wollongong

• Wollongong, NSW, Australia
though i actually thought the 2010 plates came out aroud october/november which is what i'm sorta hanging for as far as negotiatng goes.....:mrgreen:
Almost right snowcherry, the 2010 model year will come out in October or November, but they'll still be 2009 plated.

For future resale purposes, a car that is complied in 2009 is an 09 - you can always make the point that it's a 2010 model year car, but unless you're willing to wait til January you'll be driving an 09 plated car.  :wink:

Doubt there will be a 2010 plated i30 in aus till very late jan, early feb......

Offline mugen

• 2nd Gear

• sc Seychelles
      Seychelles
    • Please visit My Flickr
Yah, the car is a '09 built, but if you decode the VIN, it shows the model as 2010, the DVLA uses that as the vehicle age. Luckily we don't have the year plate system here, guess I'm driving a car which has not been built yet.

Offline sweetbix

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Mugen,
Sorry for not posting sooner.. code is RBC.

:)
  • 09 Auto SR 2.O Petrol

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal