i30 Owners Club

An afternoon with Meguiar's (Mirror Glaze Professional Paste Wax - M16)

Nagaz · 6 · 3836

Offline Nagaz

• 2nd Gear
Well,

I finally received my package from the US with a number of tins of a highly sought after wax. After having spent hours last week getting my i30 into a pristine condition, I now had a chance to put some proper wax on the beast.

I thought of getting some Collinite or even some Meguiar's 'consumer' paste wax, but I decided that if i was going to do this, I wanted to get something that would bond with what I already had put on the car, and would add to the cars shine, protection and 'pop'.

Enter Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Professional Paste Wax - M16

I have done searches on how to obtain m16 in Australia, but no one stocks it. Even Meguiar's Australia could not point me in the right direction. I have a number of tins, so I am set for a few years!

A thorough wash with NXT wash, dry and inspection to ensure no contaminates were on the car. Then it was time to bring out the wax.

A thin (by thin, I mean that its so thin it looks like you are wasting your time, almost as if you cannot see the wax) layer on the car, wait till it hazes and the buff. I did this by hand, and it took all of 20 minutes to put it on the car, and another 15 to buff off. Quick, easy and the results speak for themselves.

(The photos were taken as it was just starting to rain, so mind the small spots.)

This wax has been applied over a clean, double layer of Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. This polymer sealant normally lasts 2+ months but now with the M16, it will last longer.

Also did a quick coat of NXT on my fiance's Hyundai Elantra Lavita, called the Matrix in Asia & US.
This car has been outside, never garaged and only washed once a year, if that. Its 4 years old and was suffering some oxidation. About 3-4 weeks ago, I washed and restored the color using ColorX which really brought it back to life. I washed her car applied the NXT wax, pictures below.

So thats it...
Ill post some photos when it rains so you can see how it beads, as that is what really shows you its protection value.

Think next week I might try and relax?!?

Nagaz

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
This wax has been applied over a clean, double layer of Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. This polymer sealant normally lasts 2+ months but now with the M16, it will last longer.

Only 2 months :question: My NXT coating lasts 12+ months.

But great job btw :cool:

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Very nice, I have just spent the late morning and early afternoon on mine - she is gelaming :D :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline sweetbix

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline Nagaz

• 2nd Gear

Only 2 months :question: My NXT coating lasts 12+ months.

But great job btw :cool:

Hey Hemmi,

My i30 is driven every day, never garaged and lives in a rather windy part of town. The NXT will still be there after 2 month, and even probably 6, but its effectiveness wont be. I'll admit that it will still bead a bit, but not like a newly waxed car.

I am happy (for now) to wash, polish and wax it every so often, and wash weekly (thank god for water tanks) to ensure maximum protection and shine...

Nagaz

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
My i30 is driven every day, never garaged and lives in a rather windy part of town.

Same here, always windy plus I have about 8 months of salt, snow and rain :razz:

Cheers mate :wink:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal