i30 Owners Club

I'm going to try

Lakes · 10 · 3336

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi All, next weekend i'm going to try and beat my best economy yet. best for me to date was 4.4L/100k tank average but motor had less than 5,000 k up then now have 28,000k. just have to drive slower, last time i set CC @ 90KPH was borring and i drove for 1,200k before refilling at same servo same pump as i had filled up at, filled to the brim both times will do the same again.
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good luck John boy.. :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
thank's Dazz, think i can better 4.4L/100k as i left Syd in peak traffic when i did that, i'll be leaving about 4am 4.30am this time. just have to wait see.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well i'm home, i managed to average 4.3L/100k for the trip. filled up Sydney Drove to Dubbo, that was friday then drove back today filled up. very happy as used Bell Line Road then through Lithgow Bathurst & Orange and back same way. anyone that knows that road knows its mountains and bends most of the way to Orange till you hit the western plains. fastest speed i did was 100KPH i set cruise control @ 1,900 rev out west, just drove easy over the mountains. it is just as hard to drive slow as it is to drive fast, takes concentration as you have to plan moves in advance  so you don't need to brake hard or so on.
i put some ChemTech Diesel Power fuel aditive in before leaving as i filled tank up. can't tell if it works as i was driving easy. i think that additive would be more noticible if you had carbon build up or similar restriction and it cleaned it out. thats unless it improves fuel rateing.
anyway happy with economy.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Great Job m8.. I'm definitely going to get cruise next time...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

ouri30
Fantastic Lakes,

I believe you fuel economy figures to be realistic when driving economically with a standard i30 CRDi.  I achieved the same figures (from memory) when I got 1402km from a tank. 

Congratualations,

Bob

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thank's Bob, i was thinking if i could keep that up i could get close to 1,400 for a tank.
i should get a chance to find out if i can go 1,400 on a tank, as in July i'm driving my GF to SA to visit her family, i'll go same way as i did this weekend then pick her and her gear up, and go via Broken Hill, looking forward as have a friend out on a huge sheep station near Broken Hill i would like to visit, i'll take 20L too be on safe side when i do this.
also have a trip to Melbourne in May.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Good going Lakes,
I have never got close to that sort economy. At least not over a prolonged  distance anyway. I am a bit of a lead foot and would struggle to hold my speed at 90k.

ouri30
Good going Lakes,
I have never got close to that sort economy. At least not over a prolonged  distance anyway. I am a bit of a lead foot and would struggle to hold my speed at 90k.

I know what you mean.  I can as I have a fair amount of patience, but my wife, best her heart, is some what of a lead foot.  Our girls want her to drive all the time when we are on a trip.  :lol:

Bob

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Good going Lakes,

Thank's Eyma, it's hard as i normally drive faster too, but the cruise control can help, ( but won't help economy) as it keeps speed almost constant, and does not take that much longer in average i was closer to 85KPH with cc set ( thats off my GPS speed). when i left Syd i was in a convoy of Trucks up the bell line road i was worried but the new low speed limits helped all the trucks sit on that low speed limit. just at the top of Mount Tommah i over took the lead truck as it was a slow ride up that mountain following it.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal