i30 Owners Club

ESP try out....

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Cheers. I've only actually scuffed the rim of the front offside alloy. No biggie.

As for the pedal, I'm going to a private (Netto) carpark tomorrow and reproduce it if possible. At the time it happened, I'd just started a 5mph sideways skid with the brake fully depressed (which started it rattling) and I swung a hard right on the wheel (to meet the skid). That's when something took over the pedal and removed my control of it.

Be interesting to see if the sideways motion had something to do with it, remember I had a straight on skid the other morning at about the same speed but the ABS just kept chattering.................

Interesting.
The other morning on a very lonely road Iwas experimenting in the wet with the handbrake on a largish roundabout.  :cool: :-[
Anyway, used the handbrake to point the car where I wanted to go but as soon as it got sideways the ESP kicked in - I assume. It actually felt like the ABS and kept it up even as I accelerated. Now I'm not sure which it was. Might have to re-test after turning off the ESP.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Steve.. like the others have said glad it wasn't worse and no bodywork damage.. Maybe they can repair rather than replace your Alloy wheel (do you have an alloy spare?)

Don't think I would like the feeling of the brake pedal going to the floor (never heard of that before)  :scared:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

I had a straight on skid the other morning at about the same speed but the ABS just kept chattering.................

Sure it wasn't your teeth with the cold   :rofl:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal