i30 Owners Club

Autolink App Issues

Offline jeffers1984

• 2nd Gear

• Sydney
Hi Guys

Auto link is great (when it works)
However is anyone experiencing any problems with it?
I am having an issue where i am getting No Result for Statistics (Eco Driving) and Statistics (Speed).
Was working originally but not anymore.
Have tried unpairing and repairing but still it doesn't record it.

Anyone else having the same issue or any issues for that matter?
  • 2017 i30 SR Premium (Sparkling Metal)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Guys

Auto link is great (when it works)
However is anyone experiencing any problems with it?
I am having an issue where i am getting No Result for Statistics (Eco Driving) and Statistics (Speed).
Was working originally but not anymore.
Have tried unpairing and repairing but still it doesn't record it.

Anyone else having the same issue or any issues for that matter?

Yes, same for me. It seemed to happen after I agreed to them doing some donation thing based on my mileage.

I assumed I had done something at my end to  upset it. I've been 3000+ kilometres away from my car for the last 10 days but was going to have a fiddle on my return home next Sunday. Shame it's not working as would have been interesting to see if I got any info about my wife using it in my absense.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jeffers1984

• 2nd Gear

• Sydney
Yes, same for me. It seemed to happen after I agreed to them doing some donation thing based on my mileage.

I assumed I had done something at my end to  upset it. I've been 3000+ kilometres away from my car for the last 10 days but was going to have a fiddle on my return home next Sunday. Shame it's not working as would have been interesting to see if I got any info about my wife using it in my absense.

I think i did the same when i agreed to that donation thing.
Wonder how we can escalate this. Would want this feature working again like it was before.

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Shame it's not working as would have been interesting to see if I got any info about my wife using it in my absence.
Did you ask Trish how she did it? :whistler: :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Shame it's not working as would have been interesting to see if I got any info about my wife using it in my absence.
Did you ask Trish how she did it? :whistler: :lol:

Good try. It stopped working before that.

I think i did the same when i agreed to that donation thing.
Wonder how we can escalate this. Would want this feature working again like it was before.

The hyundai 1800 help line I guess. I might look into it when I get home.

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia
mine stopped working also :( was working perfectly up until about a week ago. something odd happening
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Manual (Sunroof) PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I better wait until I get home over the weekend before I do anything.  :undecided:

Offline jeffers1984

• 2nd Gear

• Sydney
Weird. So i got a notification about a competition, joined it and now it's working again.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Weird. So i got a notification about a competition, joined it and now it's working again.

I sent them a message a couple of days ago on behalf of the club. They acknowledged it, but didn't actually respond yet. I responded to that competition on my tablet and it wanted to install the app. I'll agree to it later on my phone  and see if mine starts working again too.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep. Mines working again now after registering for the new promo. Must have been my intervention.  :whistler: :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Mine seems to have stopped working again. They replied to my query. They can't help. Told me to take it to my closest service centre. Can't see them being able to help. 🤔

Offline jeffers1984

• 2nd Gear

• Sydney
Mine seems to have stopped working again. They replied to my query. They can't help. Told me to take it to my closest service centre. Can't see them being able to help. 🤔
hmmm what a annoying generic response from Hyundai.
Mine still seems to be working so who knows whats going on

Offline Mark70

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Here's a pro-tip: If your auto-link app has only recently stopped working, try power-cycling your TELEPHONE.
Don't just put it to sleep and wake it up, I mean a complete shutdown of the phone.
With iPhones it's holding the power button, then sliding to power-off.  Afterwards, hold down the power button to turn it on again.
With Android, it's holding the power button, then choosing shutdown (or Restart).  If shutdown was the only choice, then hold the power button down to turn it on again afterwards.

Tech Details: Both of these major mobile operating systems (iOS & Android), are basically UNIX/Linux/BSD style operating systems deep down.
Those of you familiar with Linux, will be aware of processes called "daemons", which run in the background performing their task.
Well, with the auto-link app, part of the package includes a "daemon" which runs always (even when the app isn't running), maintains the bluetooth communication link with the module, and does all the GPS datalogging stuff.  This allows you to not even have the app running, but still have all the trip history recorded.
There's something about the new Android OS, which appears to be more agressive with power saving, often putting the daemon to sleep, so it misses out and doesn't log trips.
Worse still, sometimes even when running the app, the daemon is still asleep/stuck/a zombie, so comms with the module don't work either when that happens, regardless if you close, exit, then re-open the app.  This is why sometimes a full reboot or powercycle of the phone is necessary to un-stick the auto-link background daemon.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:02:40 by Mark70 »
  • MY2018, 2017, PD, Premium, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6 Turbo, DCT, White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks very much @Mark70

I've turned my phone completely off and back on a couple of times recently for other reasons but still having issues with the autolink app. However, your post makes me think I might delve into the power saving and other app settings on my Galaxy S8 to find the culprit.  :cool:

Will advise in this thread if I end up getting it sorted. Good posting!  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal