i30 launched in malaysia

Lorian · 6 · 2785

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

"
The new Hyundai I30, launched recently by Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors Sdn Bhd, is one car that looks set to make considerable inroads into the hearts of Malaysian motorists as they now have the opportunity to pick up a high-quality and well-appointed 2.0-litre for the price of a 1.6-litre Japanese car of a similar size.
Visually, the I30 looks good, and I find the overall hatchback shape pleasing as it is about the right size, neither too big nor too small for average Malaysian families."

Full article

http://www.thesundaily.com/article.cfm?id=40648

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good find thanx m8
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Slowyak

• 1st Gear
Well, my wife bought the 1.6L petrol 130 three months ago, after having very good experience with the old Accent. We think it is a great car, with very good handling and steering and loads of safety features.

However, we have yet to see another i30 during my wife's daily commutes between Klang and Monash University's Campus in Sunway, Subang. A fair number of i10s running round, though.

I don't think the i30 will make a serious dent in  the Malaysian automobile market, where consumers look for frugal, light and quick accelerating cars with very high resale value- never mind the safety ratings. That's why the Honda City and Toyota Vios will be hard to beat. Perhaps the Kia Forte might make a little dent, because of its pricing. But I think the independent suspension of the i30 is superior to the Forte's rear torsion beam. Although Peugeot is making inroads, I suspect electrical problems will start rearing their head two years down the road in Malaysia's very wet weather for the French cars.

Anyway, the bottom line is that Hyundai cars are very much underrated in Malaysia. But we are are very pleased with our 130 - a solid, dependable car with excellent paintwork, fantastic suspension and a fine driver's car. It's not for those who want fast and nasty cars with basic suspension. Because it's a 1.6L petrol version, we find our 130 a little underpowered going up steep hills. But then we preferred the 1.6L with its more modern engine with timing chain rather than the 2.0L petrol with its timing belt.

Cheers,

Slowyak (Lone i30 owner in Klang, Malaysia)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
looks nice.and a sporty front :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome slowyak...Glad you are pleased with your car... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline fox pro

• 1st Gear
I'm using this for my commute from North to South.  Handling is very good. Confortable and roomy.  So far top speed can reach 200km/h and still stable. 

Love the i30 with unique design. most people asking either it is limited edition....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal