i30 Owners Club

New i30U

lvarella · 33 · 12158

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
Did you hear about the new i30?

It's gonna have a facelift and changes in the engine to improve consumption and reduce pollution and will be presented on Genebra.

i30 is being sold in Brazil for about 9 months not even 1 year and they will change it. I am not happy with it.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
and the facelift? any huge external/internal modification?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
i30 is being sold in Brazil for about 9 months not even 1 year and they will change it. I am not happy with it.

The i30 has been out now for about 2 and a half years so it is time for a serious facelift...

Not quite sure why Brazil was so slow to start selling it...

Don't think the changes will be that significant or effect your resale greatly...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

This is based on the uk/european market:

It's due a facelift in 2011.

The U2 variant diesel has had an update, and is coupled to a new 6 speed gear box.

The optional "sports pack" has been updated, with some new front and rear bumpers, and is now called the "edition" in the UK. It looks OK but its not something to be upset at not having.

There have been several posts on these subjects in the "news" section.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
[
The i30 has been out now for about 2 and a half years so it is time for a serious facelift...

Launched in UK September 2007
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro

This is based on the uk/european market:

It's due a facelift in 2011.

The U2 variant diesel has had an update, and is coupled to a new 6 speed gear box.

The optional "sports pack" has been updated, with some new front and rear bumpers, and is now called the "edition" in the UK. It looks OK but its not something to be upset at not having.

There have been several posts on these subjects in the "news" section.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/hyundai-i30-facelift-at-geneva-17291.html

They are saying that i30 will receive the I-flow changes now in March, that's a huge change I think. It's a shame that I30 started to be sold here last mid-year.

Today i30 is the leader here, selling 3.000 - 3.300 per month, a lot of people here will be disappointed.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I think maybe there is some translation of reports going on here that is confusing. iflow is a hybrid engine concept, that is not ready for production this year unless I fell through a worm hole. They are likely to show the iflow concept but production on an i30 in March? no way.

It remains to be seen what body work changes and drive chain changes are announced, but I still think it wont amount to much more than the "edition" changes and the U2 engines, ISG, bosch battery management,  6 speed gearboxes etc. We'll find out next week I guess.

They will no doubt have running lights, as that is a legal requirment across europe soon I think (end of the year?)

Whatever they announce it shouldn't be too disappointing to existing owners who have already,  and continue to enjoy their cars. Evolution happens. You have to buy things when you need them, otherwise you are always waiting until tomorrow, and one day it won't come.

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti

You have to buy things when you need them, otherwise you are always waiting until tomorrow, and one day it won't come.

that was very poetic indeed :)

Found this - doesn't look like facelift though it's referred like one:

http://www.mibz.com/6528-hyundai-comes-at-geneva-with-the-iflow-concept-and-i30-facelift.html/2010-hyundai-i30-facelift-02
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
We are totally right Lorian. I need to relax and enjoy the great car I have today.   :D

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

You have to buy things when you need them, otherwise you are always waiting until tomorrow, and one day it won't come.

that was very poetic indeed :)

Found this - doesn't look like facelift though it's referred like one:

http://www.mibz.com/6528-hyundai-comes-at-geneva-with-the-iflow-concept-and-i30-facelift.html/2010-hyundai-i30-facelift-02

It's not a facelift, it's just the i30 with the MS bodykit that me and bumpkin have :cool:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

Hmmm, that MS bodykit looks nicer on white :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
mmmm,white.  :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Look like they are just falunting the iflow concept car

And adding i10 and i20 blue to the existing i30 blue (i30 blue are the 1.4 petrol and 1.6 Diesel versions with idle stop and go - orignally announced over a year ago).

No mention of an i30 facelift, still betting this is just re-announcement of the U2/ISG/6SPD/BBM version with "edition body kit", running lights. Will see by the end of the week.

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

Yep, no sign of a facelifted i30 in the official site of geneva.
I bet that it's appearence will take place several months after the Ceed's facelift (which is 6 months older than i30)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Look like they are just falunting the iflow concept car

The front in particular is very ugly in my opinion.... :P

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I am sure a lot of wind tunnel work gone in to that double-splitter arrangement though. I wouldn't be suprised if the air flowing though the radiator is then ducted out from the sills under the doors not to spoil the laminar airflow below the car.

Could be very slippery and have good inherent downforce.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Pictures of the new i30.

Not much of a change .. the front looks "wrong" to me but I guess i'd get used to it...

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

It's just the edition front bumper and grill.

The rear bumper is slighty tweaked too, not as radical (better than) the edition rear bumper which was pants IMHO.

It has the repeater indicators on the mirrors, but no running lights.

On first sight the rear panels look a little different but this is just the sticker details.

Offline Nick Riffed

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Watford

• Oooh Errrr!!!

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I notice also that the i30 blue is being stated at 98g/Km co2 - this is a change, it was originally launched about 2 years ago at 124g, then changed to 119g and yet they have only recently been shipping it. Presumably to get 98g this is running on skinny tyres, on the low power engine with a lean mapping. Fun it won't be.

About time they called it blue2 so people who are paying attention don't actually highlight the fact that they keep re-launching the same thing with different specs.

Offline sunshine

• 1st Gear
Bugger,have just orded a 1.6 slx manual. Pity I cant understand the details.Only speak OZ.

SUNSHINE

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Bugger,have just orded a 1.6 slx manual. Pity I cant understand the details.Only speak OZ.

SUNSHINE

It doesn't make much difference.

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
The facelift has the new hexagonal grill that Hyundai is adapting into all of its models, no major changes...i mean in terms of the exterior
Do we have the U2 engine in Australia???

Offline rushandy

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
http://moto.onet.pl/142660,6324350,1,zdjecie.html?node=27#id6324348

Pictures of the new i30.

The white one is pretty much exactly the same as the UK i30 Edition model, with a slightly different rear bumper and no privacy glass.

I've ordered the Edition and think it looks sweeeeeet! Can't wait to get it now :-)

Offline DaveCRDi

• 2nd Gear
So essentially if you get an aftermarket front and rear bumper (the front one from the i30 edition) for your existing i30, you have the facelift i30, especially if (like me) you already have the U2 engine with the 6 speed gearbox.

I'm not too disappointed really, especially as I got a fantastic deal on mine, and I've got the 6 speed gearbox.

If I had the 5 speed box I'd possibly consider exploring what kind of trade in deal I'd get to upgrade (I might try twisting my dads arm, he has one of the 5 speed i30 crdi's with the U engine).

The question I'd like to see answered is whether the new 1.6crdi will have 115PS or 128PS like the Kia Soul that uses the same engine, as my understanding is that the current i30 with the U2 engine has actually been limited to 115PS by Hyundai.

I'm also wondering could a Hyundai dealership "de-limit" the 115 engine on my car to get 128PS. I'd like that  :mrgreen:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
is the 'new' front pointier? not the bottom faring but the whole thing, design wise. not sure if i'm making sesne.
it looks like it has a sharper angle or something.
i think its too busy. i've never been that fussed on the front body kits for my car either.

the back end is improved on the other one, coloured rather than black.
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline sunshine

• 1st Gear
Having just placed an order for I30 1.6 SLX,was concerned an update was to be released later this year.I served the net looking for anything relating to I30 update and found heaps of info,including photo's from the various Hyundai/I30 forums around the world.Thank you fellow members for all that info.
I spoke to our friendly Hyundai people here in Toowoomba,who really knew less than I,emailed the phot's and asked if more info could be obtained from Hyundai HQ.The only info received was a change to the petrol engine,being reduced to 1.6 litre. I find this hard to understand,given that the 2.0 litre is a willing performer. Maybe the 1.6L is more powerful and more economical. Reading these pages,I understand now how very different the I30 is  in other countries.If anyone has any updates on the Australian spec I30 could they bring me up to date.thanks
I currently own a Santa Fe  diesel  SLX that has towed our 16 ft caravan  a distance of 20000ks around Australia, without a problem. Love the forum.Sunshine.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Sunshine.. Interesting about the 2.0 going to a 1.6 (sounds unlikely to me  :eek:)

Aus seems to lag a bit with new models due to our relatively small market.. and they only tell us what they want us to know. If they release new model info too early it can undermine their runout sales (not just Hyundai all the brands do this)

It is a gr8 forum isn't it  :mrgreen:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal