i30 Owners Club

New i30U

lvarella · 33 · 12157

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I'm also wondering could a Hyundai dealership "de-limit" the 115 engine on my car to get 128PS. I'd like that  :mrgreen:

Very unlikley. Any independant tuner with their salt could though. Don't be expecting an official 128PS version in the UK anytime soon.

Keep in mind if you increase the HP on the engine in the order of 90% of the insurers in the UK will no longer insure you.

For a laugh its worth getting some insurance quotes from someone like comparethemeerkat.com and then see what happens to the number of quotes and the prices when you go back and amend the details to say the engine power has been increased......

Offline DaveCRDi

• 2nd Gear

Very unlikley. Any independant tuner with their salt could though. Don't be expecting an official 128PS version in the UK anytime soon.

Keep in mind if you increase the HP on the engine in the order of 90% of the insurers in the UK will no longer insure you.

It depends how you get the power gains I think. I'd be very surprised if Hyundai would do that too, but I'm thinking about getting a diesel tuning box (especially now I know the injectors are designed to handle higher pressure on the U2 engine), and quite a few insurers seem to be quite happy to cover power gains from a tuning box of up to 25%.

Offline MelWA

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      W.A.

• MY09, SLX CRDI, Moonlight Blue, 5sp man
I like the indicators on the mirrors.  Other than that I can't see much difference - except the steering wheel is on the wrong side  :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal