i30 Owners Club

FTE TL50

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I've been doing a bit of work on my TL50. I've had all the paint defects fixed and the car detailed.
Still need to do a couple of things prior to licensing in WA but looking forward to driving it again.
It's a high performance long wheelbase Ford built in 1999. They only ever made 58 of them and this one is number 32.
It has a hand built "Windsor" V8, paddle shift gears on the steering wheel, performance brakes, Koni suspension, aubergine leather, all from the factory.
I have had it advertised for sale but the more time I spend with it, the more I want to keep it to be honest.  :D

• Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks good as new Dave  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Yeah, the guy I bought it off in Victoria used it as a daily driver and it was a bit down when I got it - carpark dents, peeling clearcoat etc, & filthy dirty inside and out, but after a lot of elbow grease and $$$ it's come up great. It has only done 143,000 kms and drives beautifully.
It's my favourite car this one, and really quite rare, so it won't take much to convince me to keep it  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's my favourite car this one, and really quite rare, so it won't take much to convince me to keep it  :)

:disapp: Don't you mean "2nd" favourite  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

:disapp: Don't you mean "2nd" favourite  :whistler:

Yes, sorry, second favourite  :wink:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
very nice.  :cool: i had a tickford enhanced NC fairlane the same color as yours before i bought the 2 i30's we now have.  it was pretty much an ed xr8 sprint, in a fairlane body. the car was ordered new by a ford dealership manager here in Melbourne. when i bought the car he told me there was another 4 made that he knew of. of all the cars I've owned and sold ,this is one that i regret not holding on to.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

very nice.  :cool: i had a tickford enhanced NC fairlane the same color as yours before i bought the 2 i30's we now have.  it was pretty much an ed xr8 sprint, in a fairlane body. the car was ordered new by a ford dealership manager here in Melbourne. when i bought the car he told me there was another 4 made that he knew of. of all the cars I've owned and sold ,this is one that i regret not holding on to.

That would have been a nice car to have. I like the way that (in those days) Ford were pretty flexible and if you were "in the know" you could order pretty much what you wanted and they would build it for you.
It makes for some nice collectable cars but I don't think that FOMOCO are quite as accommodating these days.  :'(
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal