i30 Owners Club

Finally achieve 1000k to a tank.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's a shame that none of the "suggested improvements" in that section on our site haven't and will probably never be implemented at factory level
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I thought I'd had a good look around this site but I'll have to go and revisit that one and see if it's what I think too!!
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It's a fairly short list really....

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb
well i can say i had 940 km with 1 tank of diesel with my 1.6 crdi 116 HP :D and not a gentle drive.. :D  :twisted: a few races in mountain curved road with honda acord diesel... and.. well.. he did in final get behind me :D

this was in winter when ther was a little snow on road... -10 degres celsuis :D

now i regulary get with my heavy foot 850 km on one tank of diesel... (highiway speed always betwenn 160 - 180 kmh)..
a coleague on hyundai forum in croatia i think did get little over 1000 km...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

well i can say i had 940 km with 1 tank of diesel with my 1.6 crdi 116 HP :D and not a gentle drive.. :D  :twisted: a few races in mountain curved road with honda acord diesel... and.. well.. he did in final get behind me :D

now i regulary get with my heavy foot 850 km on one tank of diesel... (highiway speed always betwenn 160 - 180 kmh)..

Several of our members have done up to 1400km in the diesel :-)   

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb
well i can say i had 940 km with 1 tank of diesel with my 1.6 crdi 116 HP :D and not a gentle drive.. :D  :twisted: a few races in mountain curved road with honda acord diesel... and.. well.. he did in final get behind me :D

Several of our members have done up to 1400km in the diesel :-)   

GREAT :D well... thats in australia ??.. wide open spaces ... it would me a miracle in croatia :D and you have to be very very gentle on the gas pedal  :lol: :lol:

Offline tji30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Toowoomba

• Toowoomba, Queensland - White i30 SR (at last)
Hey, you diesel boys git outta our petrol thread. Go-on now, git.

Shoo, shoo, off with ya...

:lol:

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

ups sorry, i just notices its petrol thread  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah.. me too  :wink: :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
ups sorry, i just notices its petrol thread  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah.. me too  :wink: :D

What you guys on about
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
Heehee.

Looks like my first tank is going to give me around the 700km mark. Got ~560km on the clock now, and the fuel indicator is telling me I've got another ~155kms or so to go before Sheldon wants another drink. :D

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
tell sheldon to drink up while he is a baby :lol:
when you fill up keep watching the throth and bubbles, as it goes down fill it more keep doing that till you see throthless liquid then you are on maxium full. don't worry it will not expand.

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
tell sheldon to drink up while he is a baby :lol:
when you fill up keep watching the throth and bubbles, as it goes down fill it more keep doing that till you see throthless liquid then you are on maxium full. don't worry it will not expand.

I just waited till the pump clicked off once before I stopped filling. Guess I should wait for the click, wait a bit more then see how much more I can fit in after.

Pip
I'm happy to give up after the first click.  It takes all day to fill to the brim, I just pretend I have a smaller tank. :D In any case I can get 1000Km, so there seems little point trying my patience.  I might be anal but sometimes life is just too short.  :D

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
well, i must agree it can be time consuming, but i do it, i found some brands of diesel and some pumps easier than others, also after first click, slow down, take filler nozzle out so you can watch the fuel coming out just keep it flowing so the throth stays at the top , when you get it right up it will slowly go down keep it filling up then you will see the throth stays full then it turns liquid.
but as i have said before if you try Caltex Vortex premium diesel it is much easier to fill up as a lot less throth. i like it the best!
if you do this you will find your fuel gauge stays full from 250k to 350k before it moves off the full mark, will depend on driving conditions.

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
Hmmm. It looks like I will be filling up at Caltex generally (gogo Everyday Rewards Card!) but where I am, I've never noticed there being a premium diesel being offered. There only seems to be the single flavour so to speak.

Might have to look a little harder the next time I visit!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hmmm. It looks like I will be filling up at Caltex generally (gogo Everyday Rewards Card!) but where I am, I've never noticed there being a premium diesel being offered. There only seems to be the single flavour so to speak.

Might have to look a little harder the next time I visit!

Here is a link about Caltex Vortex Premium Diesel, at the bottom there is another link to click and it comes up with a list of service stations that stock it, they have Vortex Premium Diesel written on the pump, after a hundred or so you feel motor becomes more responcive as injectors clean up, but as seldon is a baby you should feel motor is smoother and more responcive quicker, but you really need to fill up twice in a row to get a 100% tank full as if you just fill up you have a percentage of what ever was in tank b4 mixed in.

almost forgot to add link :)
Caltex Vortex Premium Diesel outlets NSW

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
last link did not work so here goes

caltex vortex diesel

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
Oh neat. Looks like at least 2 of the service stations I'd visit will have it! So that's good news. Thanks for the info Lakes! :D Also currently going by numbers looks like I'll squeeze out over 700kms on my first tank now. Not too shabby!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
keep revs around 2,000 then shift up, make sheldon pull from 1,500 in 5th the pressure pushs the rings out to get a good seal  down low, also keeping at lower revs helps economy, but a rev to say 3,500 once a week is good as keeps the variable vane in turbo moving to stop carbon up.
cheers
this is just how i see it. the Vortex is good fuel just costs a few cents more but in the long run its worth it.

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
keep revs around 2,000 then shift up, make sheldon pull from 1,500 in 5th the pressure pushs the rings out to get a good seal  down low, also keeping at lower revs helps economy, but a rev to say 3,500 once a week is good as keeps the variable vane in turbo moving to stop carbon up.
cheers
this is just how i see it. the Vortex is good fuel just costs a few cents more but in the long run its worth it.

Hee, I be an auto driver. I let Sheldon decide what revs he wants to be at! But, I can put my foot down to get the revs up if really required. :D

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
Soo, I discovered that Woolworths Caltex and Caltex are two different things!

The Woolworths Caltex doesn't sell the premium diesel, it only offers the low sulfur one.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

The Woolworths Caltex doesn't sell the premium diesel, it only offers the low sulfur one.

I was told woolworths Caltex petrol is from indonesia not sure about there Diesel but i knew they don't stock the Vortex premium diesel. i just filled up with Vortex P D saturday went up central coast to visit car runs nice on it! will keep useing it as like the way it runs.

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

I was told woolworths Caltex petrol is from indonesia not sure about there Diesel but i knew they don't stock the Vortex premium diesel. i just filled up with Vortex P D saturday went up central coast to visit car runs nice on it! will keep useing it as like the way it runs.

:eek: :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal