i30 Owners Club

The 10 best smartphone and tablet apps of the year

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Whether it runs Apple, Android or Windows Phone, here are ten apps that can make your life better

:link: The 10 best smartphone and tablet apps of the year - BT
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Nice list :)

I have only ever used Swiftkey (not regularly, I use a mixture of English and Afrikaans every day so swapping between keyboards is frustrating) and Wunderlist, but I switched over to Evernote and have it installed on my tablet, PC and smartphone so that all my info is nicely synced to whichever device I keep on me at the time. Nothing wrong with Wunderlist, I just found Evernote easier to use :)

Some apps I find very useful is ES File Explorer to keep my manuals and work instructions on my tablet up to date, Mimecast that handles my mobile e-mails and SoundHound if I ever haer a song on the radio that I want to know the details for.

I also have Power Toggles installed on my Motorola Moto G with a nice widget that has my brightness settings, some toggles for my flashlight and Wifi Hotspot, a toggle between 3G/HSPDA and 2G (2G for the farm as anything else drains my battery in a handful of hours), a toggle for GPS on and off, etc.

AirDroid is another app I find very useful, as you can access your files from your smartphone or tablet on your computer without fumbling with cables and adapters. This is nice if I need to upload new manuals or pictures from my computer, plus on the 300mbps wifi it really flies!

On my Nexus 7 tab I have more or less the same apps, but I also have a Bible app and Mocha TN5250 that give me access to our work mainframe if I am not near a laptop. I use Tapatalk to access my forums and I also have Plex for streaming media from my computer at home and Unified Remote that acts like a remote control for when I am lying in bed watching series or a movie :)

Speaking of series, I use SeriesGuide to keep track of watched series and to keep notice of when new episodes are released
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks guys, there are a couple there I might investigate. I won't get any you have to pay for...  :lol:

I have deleted quite a few I never use lately....  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal