i30 Owners Club

Frozen Nutz Again

Guest · 14 · 3702

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I met up with Jamie (Fatboy) for a coffee today.
My original plan had been to ride the Suzuki Burgman to Cygnet and catch up there but as Jamie had some business in Hobart, we ended up catching up in Elizabeth Street.
Coffee and chat over, I headed off towards Huonville, still planning to ride to Cygnet.

After fueling up the bike at Huonville, I had a change of plans and instead rode to Geeveston where I then turned off the main road and headed up into the mountains to the Tahune Airwalk.

It wasn't too long before I was starting to regret my change of plans as, while it was a glorious day, the air was freezing cold.
The road was quite damp too so I took things fairly easy, not wanting to fall on my backside.....

I arrived just after 3pm so I quickly coughed up the admission, and then headed off, walking briskly to warm up and to get some blood flowing through my poor legs.
I flew around the walking tracks and the airwalk itself, taking plenty of photos on the way, determined to be back at the bike and ready to head off by 4pm before it started to get even cooler.

All went according to plan and I was soon back on the bike, feeling quite warm.
I had a faster ride back to Geevston as the road had dried quite a bit in the hour or so since I'd ridden in.
The cold was starting to numb my legs again by the time I got to Huonville so I decided I'd head directly back to Hobart instead of going the long way via Cygnet which I had been contemplating.

Unfortunately I hit fairly heavy traffic in hobart and it was only when I had to come to a stop that I fully realised how cold and stiff I'd become. I really struggled to put my legs down on the ground!
Anyhow, to cut a long story short, I made it home safely to Glenorchy and then proceeded to spend another 10-15 minutes trying to thaw out under the shower.

Message to self....I'm getting too old to be subjecting my body to this sort of abuse!  :head_butt:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good one Rusty ( you sure do get about)  :snigger:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Love the pics Rusty, here in my lounge, with a nice warm blanket over my legs. :P
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Thanks guys.... :)

Hey Phil, be daring and sit there without the blanket.... :lol:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Later perhaps, it's only 11.5 C at the moment.  :lol:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Good one Rusty ( you sure do get about)  :snigger:

....in so many ways.  :snigger:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Top stuff, rusty. I'm glad you got a chance to catch up with Jamie, he's a nice bloke. :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Did he show you his chopper?  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Rustynutz, you need to bathe in Anti Freeze old son, work wonders for the frozen nutz. :lol:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Did he show you his chopper?  :undecided:

Nah, we were in a public place, he didn't want to scare everyone..... :lol:

Rustynutz, you need to bathe in Anti Freeze old son, work wonders for the frozen nutz. :lol:

Funny you should mention that stuff, Lester....I used to drink it (the drink, not the coolant) years ago....  :lol:
Sure could've used some yesterday....  :D

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Rusty read this last night,late,but really enjoyed the photo's,is that a scooter or what looks a bit like a cross over bike(not sure I've noticed one on the roads here,bit like those silly three wheeled thengs you see on the roads these days,not one nor the other,if you want to ride a bike get a bike,if you want stability of more than two wheels get a car.

shoulda been on a Goldwing they have heaters on em now
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
It's a "maxi" scooter, Rick..... :D

400cc single cylinder engine, cvt auto transmission, great big comfortable seat and a dash that would shame many cars.....

I know what you mean re the 3 wheelers but I reckon they are great as it lets older people or those with injuries that might otherwise struggle with the weight of a conventional motorcycle, still ride.

I've ridden a Can-Am Spyder a few times and can vouch for their fun factor!

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
It's a "maxi" scooter, Rick..... :D

400cc single cylinder engine, cvt auto transmission, great big comfortable seat and a dash that would shame many cars.....

I know what you mean re the 3 wheelers but I reckon they are great as it lets older people or those with injuries that might otherwise struggle with the weight of a conventional motorcycle, still ride.

I've ridden a Can-Am Spyder a few times and can vouch for their fun factor!
Yes there really trying to push the Spyder's over here at the moment,I don't know what they call them but some time ago back on Top Gear they had these two seaters,Like a bullet with the two wheels at the back and it lent of when cornering,I'd like to have a go in one of those
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I agree. Keeps riders riding.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal