i30 Owners Club

Lights to leds

Offline drewstanley

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Hey.

Ive been reading through loads of forums but just want some advice on the best and brightest led's for parkers and reversing lights legal here in AUS that actually reflect light sidwards too as ones ive purchased from jaycar said they did but its just a straight beam  :undecided: And also quality led indicators that dont require me to install resistors so they dont fast flash.
Any links (ebay and what not) would be great!

Thanks in advance
  • 2016 i30 Active X 1.8L

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
For reverse lights I used :link: Pair White T15 W16W 2835 COB 24-LED Backup Reverse Light Bulb No Error Canbus AU | eBay I'm not sure whether your car uses the same T15 bulbs as mine is a Euro built model.

For park and license plate lights I used :link: Philips X-treme Vision 360 LED 6000K T10 (W5W)Parkers Rego Interior Express Post

Resistor free indicator bulbs are quite expensive and one of the reasons I've not bothered with them :link: LED Bulbs - Turn Signal and Brake Lights - Load-Resistor Free - Shark Racing

Cheap ones from China can be purchased via Ebay that say they're resistor free but from my experience they're just normal LED's and don't work correctly without adding resistors.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
It would be cheaper to buy an electronic flash can unit than to pay for rf led's IMO.

:link: hyundai led flasher unit | eBay
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline drewstanley

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Thanks for those links. Mine uses T10 for the reverse but ill look for similar type leds. Thinking about moving the indicators down on my list of to do's now.
But that flasher would just plug into the fuse box under the bonnet?
  • 2016 i30 Active X 1.8L

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
No, the flasher plugs in under your dash so you can hear it  :exclaim:

Offline drewstanley

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Okay that makes sense, not too experienced with this sorta stuff  :whistler:

What do you think of this for reverse lights? Think theyll give enough side light?
:link: 2 x T10 921 W5W Brake Reverse Back up LED Light Projector Lens Bulbs 6000K White | eBay
  • 2016 i30 Active X 1.8L

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What do you think of this for reverse lights? Think theyll give enough side light?
:link: 2 x T10 921 W5W Brake Reverse Back up LED Light Projector Lens Bulbs 6000K White | eBay
T10 and T15 use the same base but the T15 has a slightly longer and thicker bulb so should be fine for your reverse lights, if you look at your reverse light bulbs they should noticeably be larger than a standard T10 which are your park lights

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It would be cheaper to buy an electronic flash can unit than to pay for rf led's IMO.

:link: hyundai led flasher unit | eBay
As far as I know GD models and other Canbus vehicles don't use those types of flasher units anymore.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
:exclaim:

Offline drewstanley

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Hey those reverse light  :link: Pair White T15 W16W 2835 COB 24-LED Backup Reverse Light Bulb No Error Canbus AU | eBay arrived yesterday.
Is there a restriction to the brightness of reverse lights or anything though? as they are pretty dam bright.
  • 2016 i30 Active X 1.8L

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hey those reverse light  :link: Pair White T15 W16W 2835 COB 24-LED Backup Reverse Light Bulb No Error Canbus AU | eBay arrived yesterday.
Is there a restriction to the brightness of reverse lights or anything though? as they are pretty dam bright.
They're good aren't they :D

They are rated at max 375 lumen each so not super bright but it's the pure white light that make them look brighter than they are, unless you plan on driving around backwards everywhere :p you wont have an issue :goodjob2:

Offline drewstanley

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
yeah they are awesome!!  :goodjob:

Shouldn't be a problem then, not planning on it haha

On to the next project now, changing the grille.   
  • 2016 i30 Active X 1.8L

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal