Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
Hey all,

Looooong time to see!!  :crazy1:

Just had a look at the Hyundai website and noticed the new i30's come with Android auto and Apple Carplay! Anyone know if this is just  a software update or a new unit? If it's a new unit I assume it can be retro fitted??

Thanks!!

Offline blakeclayton12

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
HEY HEY
i had a lengthy conversation with one of the members at Ryde Hyundai Service centre about this. They are made by the same manufacturer but are a completely different head unit. i asked if i could come in and do an upgrade and he said it isnt possbible and if i wanted the new one, it would cost roughly 2k to buy and install

bit of a let down i know :(
  • Hyundai i30 Active X 2015

Offline blakeclayton12

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
also, forgot to mention
the new infotainement system is 7" where as ours (2015 active x) is 5"

Actually considering the upgrade, but for that money you can buy a really good 3rd party and install yourself
  • Hyundai i30 Active X 2015

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• TUMBLR
2K!!!  :disapp:

Not worth it... I only really wanted it for voice commands. My i30 has the 7" screen so maybe it's an easier swap?? Even so, I'm not paying that amount.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
2K!!!  :disapp:

Not worth it... I only really wanted it for voice commands. My i30 has the 7" screen so maybe it's an easier swap?? Even so, I'm not paying that amount.

About the same price I got quoted for a new FD-01 head-unit - obviously they think they are made of gold.

Probably a 3rd party headunit for 25%-30% of the price while have many or all, possibly more, features and be better - esp. if you manage to track down a good model.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• TUMBLR
hmm only problem with 3rd party is they usually look like s***  :lol:

Was hoping this was something as simple as a software update... Oh well.  :blubber:

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hehe yer - they can do.  Not always - but often it is real obvious it wasn't OEM, and no real way to make it look so...

Uh huh - that would be nice (and best).  I do sought of wish - if companies are not going to do further updates for a model, they release a tarball and appropriate info - so people (who know or want to learn to) can 'roll their own' (and distribute them) without needing to back-engineer, make guesses about what might be possible or not - which might lead to bricking or just very subtle faults, and try to figure out what the original code/binaries were.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline vnaysharma

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
It would be cool if Hyundai releases the update files so that we can do the upgrade ourselves rather than waiting for an appointment at the dealership.
I called Suttons Arncliffe this morning and the nearest date they could give me was 10th of November!!  :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Hyundai i30 2016 Active X

Offline Thunderbird

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
I have my complimentary service booked for the 22nd, hopefully they can do this update, when they do that  :happydance:
  • 2016 SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0lt, Auto, Sparkling Metal

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal