i30 Owners Club

Courtesy on the road.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I found this interesting,  because I'm probably an "over thanker". I really appreciate  being let in when traffic is busy, so make sure they see me say thanks.

Check out this article.
https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/features/2017/have-unforgiving-drivers-killed-off-the-courtesy-wave-107834
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Whats the point of having right of way if you dont use it. I mean it is a right.  :whistler:

No I agree with you, except for where there are road works or an accident and idiots zoom up a merge lane from an exit or the like, then I make them wait.....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
We're in the same club Dazz, always the been the courtious type to all whether in the car or on the
motor bike. The article is correct,  arrogant, ignorant people abound everywhere.
The "nod", sometimes with 1 or 2 fingers raised off the throttle is the mainstay of motorcycling etiquette.
Always acknowledge when being helped.
Even do the "head down, hand up -yeah i know i just f###ed up ", doesn't hurt to admit it.

My Dad taught me to ride/drive & road manners were a part of it. He even taught me how to slide around the corners on dirt roads,  "same grip as in the wet" he would say, especially when mum was in the back being thrown from side to side -   :lol: - no rear set belts !
Taught the same to my wife and both daughters when i taught them how to drive.

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
My old man told me 'Right or wrong it dosen't matter if your dead son'

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
My old man told me 'Right or wrong it dosen't matter if your dead son'

I think he was hoping that the "right" way would reduce that possibility.
Many years later I was working with an  older man who,as it turned out,  hung out with mine when they were young,  the stories about what the pair and thier mates got up to and survived !
I think my Dad was aware I that I was going to have  some interesting events involving cars and bikes with and without alcohol.   :wink:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It is the memories of what we got up to that keep us up at night with our own kids......

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Absolutely  100% true, I  understand wholly.
The 4 of us were talking one day and my behavior, activities and events of my youth were raised.
So after a quick,  selected events discussion , both of my daughters expressed their utter disgust at my early days.
 I was quite happy to see that they would be nothing like me as far as that area of life was concerned.   :victory:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
If i see someone waiting to cross the road i stop. a woman & child waiting in centre of road to cross i was going slow so stopped as was starting to rain. a P plate almost ran up the rear of my tray back ute even though he was going same speed as me.
people in this area don't stop for pedestrians. i would hate to see anyone killed, so if it looks dangerous for them i stop as they are , at risk.

if i see someone merging in heavy traffic i let them merge , makes no difference in long run how long you take. But there are a lot who don't see it like i do.
cheers.

Go Blues!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Only ones I don't give way to is like Beerman says, the opportunists that sneaky up the emergency lanes and stuff..  :evil:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal