i30 Owners Club

Body Kit For Hyundai i30

awj2005 · 59 · 37492

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
Hi fellas,
ive done some digging around about the i30 body kit and i went and spoke to hyundai.

The salesperson told me the following:

Body Kit Primed: $1300.00

spoke to a mate of mine and he said to paint it will prob be around 2 gran.

does this sound resonable to all of ya's?

ash

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Ash...

$1300 primed seems fair... another $2000 to paint it seems over the top. If you can find a good backyarder you should be able to more than halve that.... ;)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
G-Day Ash,  

I would be questioning your dealer to make sure that they can supply that body kit.
The reason I say that is because another one of our members, Jessi3 ordered a I30 with a body kit. She waited 2 months and was told the good news is your car has just arrived. The bad news, the side skirts are no longer available. They gave this storey that there was a poroblem with fitting, and that the skirts had a tendancy of coming off [sounds a bit like a girl I new in college,LOL]  Jessi3 was not happy with this and pulled out of the deal, and hasnt been sighted on this site since.
Anyway, it sounded a bit sus to me, not being able to fit the skirts which come standard anyway on the SR model. So i spoke to my dealer the other day as I was considering the skirts myself.[Well not for myself, for the car, honestly] He firstly told me skirts were available but than when he jumped on the computer to get the part number, a disclaimer appeared stating that the part had been withdrawn from hyundais accessories.
As far as I know, there are no after market side skirts available in Australia yet, but its only a matter of time before someone makes them.
It may be that your dealer can supply them, but I would be careful.

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hi,

yeah that does sound a bit suss nd i have been told to go to perth (cause im from w.a) and go to some body kit places up there and see if they can custom do something for the car. dont know how much but i will have to find out.

if you cant get the sr side skirts anymore then what will be going on the car with the body kit then? thats another question i'll have to ask.

it seems really strange but i will check these out and get back to ya all.

ash

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
o nd that was a rough price cause i have the vivid blue colour which is a metallic colour.

and my mates dad isnt a spray painter (worse luck) but he gave me that price cause he is getting a body kit onto his vx wagon and they are charging him a gran and his is the two tone white colour. it was just a rough price will have to talk to some qualified people about it.

cheers
ash

Offline kennyhoht

• 1st Gear
Hi guys, good news for you...

I've found a bodykit for i30! Have a look!

Material : ABS Plastic

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Kennyhoht,

This is your first post? Welcome.
The kit looks good but does'nt appear to be colour matched to the car. Am I right.
Also, I may just be niave, but what is ABS plastic?

Offline simon

• 3rd Gear
I've also got the i30 body kit on order.

The date I placed the order with the lease company, it was available.  When I signed the paperwork around a week later, I was told it was no longer available and had been recalled. I called another dealer and spoke to the spare parts area.   The guy said they had issues with the paint/glue on the skirting, so Hyundai Australia recalled them - that confirmed the story in my mind.

The gentleman also provided the parts manager @ Hyundai Australia (which surprised me) and she also said the parts were recalled, but avoided the reasons why.  

They are currently redesigning the kit to iron out the bugs, but for all intents and purposes I'm told it will look pretty much identical.  Target date for release - December 08.

If you really want it now, then consider importing one of the following:-

http://www.koreanstyling.dk/webshop/ima ... atoI30.pdf
http://www.koreanstyling.dk/webshop/ima ... ospekt.pdf

Hope this helps.

Simon

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome kennyhoht

Where do you hail from.

To help with discussions etc put location in profile.

Any price for the kit?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline simon

• 3rd Gear
If you go to the Korean Styling website (not just the .pdf files I linked to previously), you'll see heaps of other stuff for your i30 :-

http://www.koreanstyling.dk/webshop/ind ... =28_29_432

Check out the rear tail light covers - makes it look like a 1 series BMW !   I like the carbon fibre door handles and fuel cap.... Christmas is just around the corner  :D

Unsure if this is the same site... but it has similar items:-

http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/ ... ath=31_158

Regards
Simon

Offline kennyhoht

• 1st Gear
Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
Hi Kennyhoht,

This is your first post? Welcome.
The kit looks good but does'nt appear to be colour matched to the car. Am I right.
Also, I may just be niave, but what is ABS plastic?

Hi !! Yes it was my first post! I was told by my mate that the kit was not painted yet. It is only primed. Waiting for the top coat... the ABS plastic is the identical material used on most original factory fitted bodykits.. i supposed it is better than fiberglass ??? anyone can help me here?

Offline kennyhoht

• 1st Gear
Quote from: "eye30"
Welcome kennyhoht

Where do you hail from.

To help with discussions etc put location in profile.

Any price for the kit?

I am actually working in Australia @ Perth now, i.e flying in/out every 2 weeks... According to my mate in Singapore, he bought it around SG$1000

Offline kennyhoht

• 1st Gear
Quote from: "simon"
I've also got the i30 body kit on order.

The date I placed the order with the lease company, it was available.  When I signed the paperwork around a week later, I was told it was no longer available and had been recalled. I called another dealer and spoke to the spare parts area.   The guy said they had issues with the paint/glue on the skirting, so Hyundai Australia recalled them - that confirmed the story in my mind.

The gentleman also provided the parts manager @ Hyundai Australia (which surprised me) and she also said the parts were recalled, but avoided the reasons why.  

They are currently redesigning the kit to iron out the bugs, but for all intents and purposes I'm told it will look pretty much identical.  Target date for release - December 08.

If you really want it now, then consider importing one of the following:-

http://www.koreanstyling.dk/webshop/ima ... atoI30.pdf
http://www.koreanstyling.dk/webshop/ima ... ospekt.pdf

Hope this helps.

Simon

Hi Simon, I heard about it too.. and I also found out the reason why.... the original kit was made of PU (Some form of rubber like, soft and very heavy) and it is not a suitable material for bodykit (my mate in Singapore told me also..) this new bodykit that i've discovered, is made of ABS plastic and it is very light... well, at least that was the reason given to me by hyundai service general manager...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Folks,

I was in Burnie today 50Km west of where I live with some time to spare. So I dropped in to the Burnie Hyundai Dealer to drop off some club cards and admire the bodykit on a Petrol SX (see Pix)

She's been in the yard a bit long so they've dressed her up with full bodykit and nice wheels. Things seem to have really slowed down in the car industry in Aus over the last couple of months and they have about half a dozen i30's in stock including at least one diesel so hopefully Jamiec or someone will go in and win me a spotters fee.... 8-)

P.S. Not sure if it is the full kit (Might be just the skirts and spoiler?) Looks good anyway

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Yeah it does look good.
I am more confused than ever now about the body kit.
There has been much discussion on this site about the availability of the Hyundai body kit, and I thought that we had come to the agrrement that the kit was no longer available in Aus?
Maybe they have rectified the earlier fault with fitting.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I like those alloy wheels, very nice.

Noticed you seem to be wearing a pink dress there Dazz (second picture, reflection in bumper)  :mrgreen:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "Shambles"

Noticed you seem to be wearing a pink dress there Dazz (second picture, reflection in bumper)  :lol:

Actually, I did see a pink dress I wouldn't have minded getting into but that is another story... :oops:

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hi,
so what type of body kits are available??

and i thought the body kit for the i30 was available for the car.... will have to check with dealer tomorrow or wheneva i get time as i just got a new job as a it technician.

anyway
cheers
ash

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
I had purchased my car with side skirts and rear spoiler....
rear spoiler was on the car when i took delivery
however side skirts were to be fitted at first service...

they only had 1 side skirt and were waiting for the 2nd one to appear which was fitted at about 5,500k's (instead of the 1,000 promised)
When they were fitted... they were the wrong colour still blue but totally wrong,
im now in the process of them being removed, and if not destroyed they will repaint and refit, else they will supply me with new sideskirts fitted and painted.. cost added to car was 1,500-2,000

in the mean time im driving around a loan car...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Petey.. Good to see you M8.. Guess you've been busy...

What did they give you for a loan car??

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
Hi, i currently sent an e-mail to hyundai australia bout the body kits im waiting on the reply, i also asked the question about why the uk has got the sports body kit and mags in a package and australia doesnt... or am i misunderstood or can u get these in australia?

cheers
ash

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
Of all the bodykits available for the i30, the MS sports body kit is the best looking one IMHO, I guess at least 2 other member agree with me  :)
To bad it's not available everywhere.

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hi,
i like that body kit to but i dnt know if it would look any good on a vivid blue hyundai if u get my drift?

cheers
ash

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi Petey.. Good to see you M8.. Guess you've been busy...

What did they give you for a loan car??

Heya :) yeah been bit busy mate things just a bit too hectic to sit on compy too much atm.

I got a tucson to drive around.. not bad but its only a pov pack... i reckin a model up or 2 would be nice to drive, i miss my i30 :'(

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Hi Ash

My i30 has the MS Kit on it, I agree with Hemmi, it is probably one of the best looking kits I have seen and it definitely works on vivid blue.

You can see here

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=807

Cheers
Brian
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
Hi biran, i looked at the link and that looks wicked but im not sure if this is available in australia... i would soo get it but not sure bout the money.... im talking to aus hyundai atm about this body kit...

cheers
ash

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi awj2005,

Keep us posted about how you get on with the body kit.

There seems to be a lot of confusion here about it's availability....or not?

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hey guys,
i havnt got a reply yet and i havnt got the body kit on my car yet but its work in progress ive been doing a little bit of work on her for the last 2 weeks and yeah it sounds good..

anyway hyundai aus havent sent an e-mail back and im slowely getting pissed and they said three days and three days are nearly up so hopefully the give me a good excuse.

cheers
ash

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
hey, yep will do hope they reply tomorrow....

ash

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal