i30 Owners Club

Red thingy's to stick on car(great description i know!)

CHB · 44 · 12179

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
The thing is that this tape is very cheap and very good for old cars. it is not 100%as flexible as the small ones on koreanautoimports. i had a friend help me stick it to the car and with a little more patience and skill i'll probably do the job right. we also thought of taking the grills out and painting them..is that a good ideea?
i'm going to do a series of mods on the car, starting with the exterior, but i'm probably off topic so i'll post there after actually starting with the process.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Thanks Tiny,
So did it just come from like a auto shop?
Car looks great by the way :D

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
oh yeah sorry :)) the red thingy, i got it from a local .... it's like a big second hand car lot and has a lot of kitsch tuning accesories rimz and sh!7 but it has some good things too like quality spary paint and things like that. the funny thing is though, the chrome tape which i bought a long time ago, i got it from a home&garden interior exterior design and stuff..i don't know exactly the definition of this kind of shop it has furniture and accesories carpets wallpaper tiles windows lighting etc and tools for building and such...please accept my apologies i haven't spoken or writen by that matter in english for quite some time now...hope it helps

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
The red is well set off against the black.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
yeah but mine isn't black, it's dark brown.anyway :) have some patience

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Sorry. Looks black on my computer.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
haha looks like someone's car needs a little wash tiny  :?
loving the work on your car tiny. i'm just waiting till your imagination runs wild  :D im really waiting to see your car somehow start looking like this http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.babomall.com%2Frd%2Findex.html%3Fpg%3Dsub%26url%3Dallkind%26url2%3Dh52%26mf%3Dhyundai&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ko&tl=en

damn..that doesn't look like an i30 at all..looks kind of like a squished version of a celica for some reason...but its a very sport bodykit...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I finally got around to applying some of the Motorpro chrome trim as per my K-mart bargain below.

Don't know how well it will stay on but looks o/k for what it cost...

Around front grill...

Around Audio..

On steering wheel & armrest...

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
i think it looks great just on the outer grill and on the foorpanel armrest..that's just my opinion.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Tiny thanks for the feedback.. I looks better in the flesh (only used my phone camera)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hey dazz,

I reckon the chrome trim looks good on your stereo and steering wheel. Gives it that extra touch of class I think. I can't say it stands out too much on the front grill though, maybe because of the already existing and outstanding chrome bit (with the Hyundai logo) above it.  That's not to say it doesn't look better with it though - fits the part without looking like an aftermarket add on :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Jayem... You're a good fella   :cry: ) but the bits on the door armrests and the steering wheel look like factory fit  :P

Don't know how well the strip around the grill will handle the weather... guess time will tell...

If I see some more cheap i'll get it (easy to apply and seems reasonable quality)

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
the last I had but I cut it a bit short...even though I made it the same length as the fist bit!) so I had to take it off  :P

lol dazz, funny how identical lengths just aren't identical hey!  I didn't notice the armrest bit before, but yeah that looks good too mate *thumbs up*

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal