i30 Owners Club

soft engine mounts, prolem solved.

2i30s · 5 · 4017

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
when i took the hatch and the cw in for a service yesterday,i mentioned again that the mounts didn't seem right.my mounts were so soft i thought they were broken. one of the mechanics took my hatch for a drive to check out the problem. when he returned he mentioned that the mounts can be adjusted by turning the long bolt that runs through them,to make them softer or harder. my problem is fixed,thanks 5 year warranty.  :D :D
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Pip
when i took the hatch and the cw in for a service yesterday,i mentioned again that the mounts didn't seem right.my mounts were so soft i thought they were broken. one of the mechanics took my hatch for a drive to check out the problem. when he returned he mentioned that the mounts can be adjusted by turning the long bolt that runs through them,to make them softer or harder. my problem is fixed,thanks 5 year warranty.  :D :D
This is interesting. Just why did you think they were soft? Since I've got mine I've thought there was a design problem because the engine seems to shake in high gears and low revs with little provocation.

Wife's 1.4 getz with such abject torque that it wouldn't pull an old lady off her feet, happily trundles at 1500 rpm in 5th gear. My 1.6 diesel rocks like an earthquake at the same revs even though I'm sure it has torque to spare.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my car is a manual, and in stop start traffic it would jerk back and forth as i tried to move along at walking speed. i had mentioned this at my very first service and was told that's normal,the mounts are soft in these cars. 18 months on and I'd had a gutfull of being told rubbish and said to the dealers that my wife's cw doesn't do it, so fix it.  :wink: the head mechanic went for a drive in my car to see what i was on about. when he returned he said there is definitely something wrong. they explained that you could tighten the long bolt running through the mount to make it softer or firmer. I'm not sure if what they told me is a crock of sh!t or not,i don't really care what they've done as now my cars fixed. and for free.  :razz:

Pip
Ah, ok. That doesn't sound like anything I've had. You showed great patience, particularly when you had two cars to compare. :rolleyes:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i figured that I've got another 3 and a bit years warranty left to get it fixed,but then changed my mind after driving the wife's car for a few hours. her car is an automatic and doesn't do it at all. I've only driven her car 3 or 4 times in 18 months so never really did the mount comparison.  :eek: 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal