Hyundai Parking Sensors

AlanHo · 13 · 5969

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
For me - this is a timely news item since I have an issue with the front parking sensors on my new i30

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2012/4/13/cobra-announces-partnership-with-hyundai/43203/
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very timely Alan.. not sure if it will help you or not though... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
So are they they the ones you have and don't like?

New Generation i30 already feature the Cobra parking sensor systems fitted at the factory.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

So are they they the ones you have and don't like?

New Generation i30 already feature the Cobra parking sensor systems fitted at the factory.

That seems to be the case.

I have received an Email from UK Hyundai head office that my queery has been passed on to their technical people for investigation and they have promised to respond shortly.

I may be wrong about this - but my experience with them in 2010 trying to get cruise fitted to my last car suggested that the UK head office is a commercial - not technical- organisation. I finished up contacting Dancar in Denmark who manufactured the cruise kits to get a resolution.

We will see what they come back with.  But I'm not holding my breath

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I've lost count of how many cars i see each week with parking sensors, either pushed in,or hanging out by the wires.  :confused:  :Shocked:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I remember years ago, this woman in the UK complained to her dealership because the reverse sensors had failed to "stop" her reversing into a brick wall and doing a lot of damage.
She just put the foot down and expected them to stop the car before hitting the wall.  :rolleyes:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I remember years ago, this woman in the UK complained to her dealership because the reverse sensors had failed to "stop" her reversing into a brick wall and doing a lot of damage.
She just put the foot down and expected them to stop the car before hitting the wall.  :rolleyes:

Really (I assume she was blonde)  :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

She drove a Range Rover  :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:Ouch: Aluminuim panels are very fragile  :disapp:

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

I may be wrong about this - but my experience with them in 2010 trying to get cruise fitted to my last car suggested that the UK head office is a commercial - not technical- organisation. I finished up contacting Dancar in Denmark who manufactured the cruise kits to get a resolution.

H.O. is in High Wycombe (two places actually) my grand-daughters Uni digs is halfway between the two.  I believe the Technical Dept is up in the Midlands somewhere as I get service reminder calls from there and she said it was the Tech Centre.

BTW are the sensors an aftermarket fit at the arrival port or distribution centre?  I ask because my son is a manager at such a set up (not H)and many of these "options"  are fitted after arrival in the U.K.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

BTW are the sensors an aftermarket fit at the arrival port or distribution centre?  I ask because my son is a manager at such a set up (not H)and many of these "options"  are fitted after arrival in the U.K.

I don't know where they are fitted - but I suspect it is the factory because my Style model differs from the Active model by many features - the front sensors are but one of them.

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

I don't know where they are fitted - but I suspect it is the factory because my Style model differs from the Active model by many features - the front sensors are but one of them.

You willl be surprised just how much is fitted to cars after they arrive in th e U.K.

Currently, I am negociating for four 205/55 x 16 tyres on  wheels which were the result of upgraded wheels being fitted to cars of another make. I will sell the wheels and recover the price I paid for the  complete assemblies!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal