i30 Owners Club

agents diesel love affair!!!

agentr31 · 339 · 71120

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
anyway i think i should put some pics up... i dont have any of the body as its been raining and i havent had a good chance to clean it and take some photos!!

meh
dash and boost gauge
close up of boost gauge!

when i have some time ill smack some photos up, proper ones might be a while tho LOL next weekend i'll be installing my UHF cb...

Offline i30frenchman

• 2nd Gear
Hi, kept silent about photos of the connection? How many PSI in maximum?

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
yer it just goes to a brass fitting i fitted to the intercooler! the highest ive seen it go is 16psi...

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
put a dash mat on it today!!! but i hate those stick on velcro tabs they give you so i kinda just pushed it back till it was jammed well not jammed but wedged between the windscreen and dash! looks good im just a little worried if the passanger airbag goes off... it covers it but it does seem to have slots in the carpet so it can rip off above the airbag, its also got a cover over the top box thingo... meh its not like i use it!

i also put a sticker on it!! a fox racing one FTW i couldnt find the proper FOX head sticker so this one will have to do... for now hahaha

Offline mantaray

• 3rd Gear
For the dash mat, instead of the velcro pads , I just went to a $2 store and got some anti slip matting and cut a few pieces to put under the mat, works a treat.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
great idea man! if it ever moves, ill try your method!!!

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
operation de-badge is complete!!! on the i30 anyway

the maxima isnt looking so well, at some stage the maxima has had a very slight rub on the rear left hand quarter and for some reason they did the clear on the boot when it was repaired, no problem you say... well normally yes

the MAXIMA and Ti badge came off perfectly fine... just like the i30, hyundai and CRDi ones did on the i30 just because they are 6 years old the double sided tape was hard to remove... but the nissan badge in the center of the boot had been taped up and sprayed around instead of being removed and re-applied

so i was stuck, i thought i would have to put a new badge on, but i had a idea SANDPAPER 2000 grade lol so i cearfully sanded the paint lines away polished that black paint VERY carefully and BINGO fixed its probably 80% gone... if i get annoyed with it ill get a new badge for it

the back of the i30 looks much nicer now! although i have left the hyundai symbol in the middle of the boot... i dont think its double side taped on... i have a funny feeling it has clips holding it in there

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
yes,if you remove the h on the tail gate its got holes under the badge.  :mad:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
ahh thanks 2i30's my fears were confirmed!!!

anyway heres a few pics of my car and a bonus shot of the maxima!!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i notice you picked the nice color.  :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
touche! i really like white cars!! kinda wish my maxima was white but, you dont really get a choice when you get a 2nd hand car... and black is a hot colour on the maxima!!!

hrmm the pics dont look the same as when i previewed them... they were the right size

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

hrmm the pics dont look the same as when i previewed them... they were the right size

Yeah this is the forum limitation, which is not noticeable in the preview pane :neutral:

PS - Lovely pix 8) 8)
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

They look fantastic to me :)

Good post mate ;)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Gr8 pix m8 thanks (maybe you could resize them to say 800 wide..if you get a chance though) They would probably display in full on my desktop PC but a bit big for laptop viewing...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Xamaxy
Pics like that from every member shows again and again what a good job hyundai has done. Supported further with nubmer of over half a million sold cars. In my town i can do a 15km trip and not to see atlest 5 of them :cool:

Wish you many happy kilometers!!

PS love the gauge!!

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
thanks for the positive comments guys!!

ive really really grown to like this car over the last few weeks of owning it!! the only thing im dissapointed with is the support from the dealer i bought the car from... sales were perfect, infact they went above and beyond, very professional service in the sales team!!!

BUT as for the service/parts department side of things bloody awfull, from not having things as simple as oil and oil filters or even ANY accessory (mud flaps, dash mats, floor mats ect ect) in stock to damaging my car and now being awkward about fixing it... i feel very let down with them... i've had to go to another dealer 40km away to get parts for it...

Offline mantaray

• 3rd Gear
have to agree they look better with badges removed on the rear, first thing I did( must thank Thumper for the idea). Have had same issues with dealers some are good for servicing, others better for parts-suppose it depends on the manager of the department.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
yay the car is off getting tinted as we speak!! BONUS he said he could do it today!

but i have to do a major service on my maxima :( there is like $200 in parts alone good thing i can do it all myself

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
got my car tinted today!!! very happy with it, its legal tinting i didnt go spastic and get darker... no point really it just makes it illegal

while i was servicing the maxima i tried on the wheels from it on the i30...

i kinda like my other car's wheels on it, but the offset is WAYY to tough for the poor little thing... comments? is white with black wheels good looking or just stupid?

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think it looks great :cool:

Yeah me too  :D

Offline Nesher

• 3rd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
nice pics agent!! what is the gauge on the second picture?

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
nesher its a boost gauge!

nice!! i like it... BUT they definatly need to be in the correct offset, and i think they will need to be staggered as the front sits out miles futher than the back

so a back 15mm or so in to what those wheels have and a front that sits 20 - 25mm in will bring them rather flush with the gaurds!

BTW those wheels are back on the maxima :( if they fitted correctly i would have left them on there and bought something a bit better for the max... pitty but meh ill sort something out when i get sick of the hub caps and steel wheels

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
yay i had the muffler removed today... it sounds a little louder, but not much aye. quite an interesting note to it with the cold air intake pipe removed haha

i had the exhaust guy make it so the original muffler can bolt back on, he put a flange on it and on the rear section

Offline clackerz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Drivin' round Melbournes SE 'burbs in a Black SLX
Nice pics mate.

The car looked good with those wheels on too.

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Nice rims and they are perfect on the black Maxima but personally i don't like them much on white. On the other hand, previewing some photos can't compare to live preview. If you think they are good then probably they are! :wink:

Here's a couple of alloy wheel configurators. Not so accurate, but you can have some fun:
http://gdtpkunde.mx-live.com/default.aspx
http://www.alcar.co.uk/alcarkonfigurator/produktion_neu/index.php?site=25&lng=en
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good sites babis...Haven't seen those before :eek: (easier than the photoshopping I usually do)  :lol:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
For sure it's better than the the photoshopping i usually do :lol:
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal